1 (edited by stumbley July 30, 2018 8:05 am)

Topic: The Impossible has happened...

Yes, guys (and gals), it's been promised for a couple of years now, but this time it's really true! I have actually got my track working. There are a few tweaks remaining, and it needs a cleaning desperately, but mostly, it needs lots of laps to get the surface rubbered in. I have yet to get the switches that let the track run in the opposite direction, but that's not a priority now. (I can always just switch the power terminals).

So, when we have a spare space of time in between Airbnb guests (the track is in the shop below our Airbnb apartment, and I don't want to disturb anybody who's there), I will let you all know in case you'd like to spend some time helping put some mileage on the track!

Stan

The track in its heyday in Calfornia:

http://i882.photobucket.com/albums/ac30/stumbley/DSCF1230.jpg

Re: The Impossible has happened...

Looks like a tight and technical challenge!

Looking forward to the invite for giving it a run.

Congratulations Stan!

"Big Smooth"

Dates seem to be hard to come by. Most of our weekends through the summer are occupied with Airbnb guests; I don't have free weekends until October. Since I'm relatively far away from the Portland area guys, is a mid-week, evening date an impossibility? I have an EVEN Thursday open, 8/16, and an ODD Thursday, 9/13. Any thoughts?

I'm game for anything, but then I'm easy.

My time is ridiculously pre-occupied through mid-Sept-ish.  I think I could make that 9/13 date work though.  Also would be happy to sneak over for unstructured play time as well, as opportunity arises.

Chris, I've got the 7th and 8th of August free. Otherwise, most of August and September are busy. As reported above, no free weekends until October. But then again, it's cooler in October, and there's no AC in the shop where the track is.

I do have fans...

Nice work Stan

Race cars are neither beautiful nor ugly. They become beautiful when they win.

Even more impossible news. It only took two and a half years, but after getting the county to allow us to have a completely legal Airbnb building in what was a shop apartment, basically rebuilding the entire structure, and adding a lot of extras, I now have a comfortable, inviting space for slot racing.

In addition to the track itself, the Game Room location has air hockey, table tennis, a 64-game arcade table (PacMan and a bunch of other arcade games), a 75" flat screen TV, lots of seating, a full-size refrigerator for beverages, microwave, toaster oven, electric fireplace console, and a full bath and half bath. You can see pics of the whole place at our Airbnb listing at: https://tinyurl.com/hxnkznk2

Monte has posted pics of the track under the "Tracks" section of the NASTE website.

Wow.  Wow.  Double wow.

"Big Smooth"

AWESOME Stan!!!!

Wow Stan, simply beautiful.

Race cars are neither beautiful nor ugly. They become beautiful when they win.