Topic: naste racers

Well there many of our follower racers that have not been heard from on here since all these covid 19 crap went done.  Was nice to see zack, ricco, goat a and jeff last Sunday. Bill, mitch and montie have made a few post  but have not heard from Al, Fernando, Bryan D , Greg ,  Stan to name few..hope every body doing find and being safe, hopefully in few months these will all be in or rear view mirrors and we can get back to racing  and talking crap again..

The secondnidator

Re: naste racers

I've been here all along, Doc. Just have no space to build anything or a track to race on.

The renovation of our shop into a 2-unit Airbnb space, due to begin in OCTOBER 2019, has suffered a number of setbacks, including 1st contractor bailing out of the project on the day we were supposed to sign the contract; and the second contractor (neighbor from across the street) suffering several setbacks.

Those included concrete dust in the eyes, construction stoppage due to air quality issues from the wildfires, and two heart attacks. So...no track, no workshop, and a house, garage, and 26-foot shipping container all full of furniture and lighting equipment that is intended for the renovated space.

Believe me, I'd be racing like crazy if I had the time, space and track to test. I got a brand new resin printer for Christmas, but there's no flat space in the house to set it up. I'm eating meals on TV trays.

But we're alive and healthy, so there's that....

3 (edited by ckouba January 8, 2021 9:32 pm)

stumbley wrote:

The renovation... has suffered a number of setbacks, including... two heart attacks.

But we're alive and healthy, so there's that....

To clarify, I assume those weren't yours, Stan?

Yes, not mine, fortunately. The contractor will have a minor surgery on 1/29 to cauterize something on each side of his heart, which is supposed to fix the situation. In the meantime, he has secured help from a friend of his, and has been working in a "supervisory" position, which for him, means doing slightly less of the work himself. He's a great guy and a great contractor, does wonderful work, so we're hoping that the operation is fully successful.

Excellent to hear, best of luck for the project to you and best wishes to him.

Yes Stan there are sooooo many things that can go wrong to slow up a project. I've been in that business since 1976.

We started the whole thing in 2019. Because of zoning requirements and engineering code, basically the whole building is being rebuilt. The structural engineering itself took a month and $4K.

But...the contractor was back with his buddy yesterday, and things are progressing nicely. Framing is almost complete, electrical and plumbing are in (except for finish stuff, of course). What's left is insulation, putting plywood under the sheet metal roof, sheetrock, paint and flooring. There are crews for that stuff, so it should go pretty quickly. We hope to be done by March.

We've got bookings for May and June, so we'd BETTER be done!