Topic: Track time

Hey there guys!

I spend a good part of last week cleaning up my track, re-taping all the lanes etc.

I was prompted to do this by the need to get a car going for a local proxy. That said, I am considering having a couple open days for people to come over and do some laps. The track is not perfect as many of you know, but more than enough to have some good fun and do some tuning.

The track is located in my garage, and it does have fantastic grip even in the cold. If there is interest, I would have the garage and back door open for ventilation. So dress warm.

Who would like to get something like this going? I am open to suggestions as well if you would have questions on concerns.

Zack

Re: Track time

Im game Zack. may need a refresher course on hooking up controllers and using them....... have a few cars that need proxy testing...

The secondnidator

docdoom wrote:

Im game Zack. may need a refresher course on hooking up controllers and using them....... have a few cars that need proxy testing...

Let me know when you would like to make it happen and I can get the track and a table ready to go for you!

Zack

docdoom wrote:

Maybe you can get Jeff to help you Doc.

Sorry Jeff I couldn't help myself.

I could be persuaded depending on time/day

Race cars are neither beautiful nor ugly. They become beautiful when they win.

You guys tell me when you want to to do it and I can probably make it happen.

Zack

I'm game. Just let me know when and I'll try to make it.

We got a three day weekend coming up....What is most peoples schedule looking like?

I am pretty much available all weekend if someone wants to come by, starting at like 5pm Thur.

Zack

It looks like rain all weekend so I'll try not to do anything outside. Just let me know when others will be there and I will try and make it too. Just like Doc, I may need help hooking up the controller!

Wanabgts wrote:

We got a three day weekend coming up....What is most peoples schedule looking like?

I am pretty much available all weekend if someone wants to come by, starting at like 5pm Thur.

Zack

yea not so for me. And that just blows....

The secondnidator

docdoom wrote:
Wanabgts wrote:

Zack

yea not so for me. And that just blows....

Doc, what days can you make it happen?

Zack

12 (edited by docdoom December 30, 2020 4:43 pm)

Sunday or Monday are my days off. I can also swing by after work and get some laps in also, what ever works for you and the rest of the guys.. Need to take break on painting.one can only paint so many walls before madness  set in.....

The secondnidator

Sunday could work for me depending on time.

I can do Sunday.

Lets say it will be open between Noon and Five that day. You can come by anytime.

Message or call me at 503-seven five zero- 2 0 99 for the address!

Zack

I will try to make it around 1.

Mt Goat wrote:

I will try to make it around 1.

Sounds good!

Zack

Wanabgts wrote:

I can do Sunday.

Lets say it will be open between Noon and Five that day. You can come by anytime.

Zack

pm your address thanks

The secondnidator

docdoom wrote:
Wanabgts wrote:

I can do Sunday.

Zack

pm your address thanks

You got PM Doc.

Zack

Wanabgts wrote:
docdoom wrote:
Wanabgts wrote:

I can do Sunday.

Zack

pm your address thanks

You got PM Doc.

Zack

thanks got it. see u Sunday then..

The secondnidator

I'm not positive that I can make it, but go ahead and either PM or text me your address.

21 (edited by docdoom January 3, 2021 5:17 pm)

Thanks for letting those that braved the drive over play on the track... looks like my trans am and revo slot proxy cars are good runners. not so for the fly and gt3 cars... i did tear down the fly car and can see were the motor shaft was rubbing the tire. was that enough to slow it down that almost full second I was off your laps ???? or was the motor  really a dog. geared 12 /33 18mm spur and 6.75mm nsr pinion... and of course I had way to much lead in the beast also, should of stuck it on the scale but it most likey would of maxed it out.....

The secondnidator

Haha thanks for coming out Doc. It was a good time. We will have to do it again sometime soon.

Rubbing shaft could be it!

Zack

That’ll slow it down for sure. I did that on my Nastruck one day and it is noticeable. Thanks Zack for the track time and the tuning pointers, much appreciated.

Rico

reek455 wrote:

That’ll slow it down for sure. I did that on my Nastruck one day and it is noticeable. Thanks Zack for the track time and the tuning pointers, much appreciated.

Rico

No problem Rico. You got some good running cars!

I will try to schedule another day of track time here soon.

Zack

Sounds good I'll bring the LIQUID WRENCH Penetranting Oil, 11 oz, Aerosol Can

The secondnidator