Re: NASTE Odd Thursday Night Racing Rules & Current Thread

This is the Supra

Post's attachments

IMG_20200906_200219.jpg 329.27 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

Another picture of the track, I use an electric winch to lift the platform when Im not using it, and I can move it to the center of the garage to have space all around.

Post's attachments

IMG_20200906_200325.jpg 309.08 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

CrashPilot wrote:

Yes I have RSC64, still learning all the details and settings, it can be very complex. I have two lane changes and pit stop lane.
I bought this REVOSLOT Toyota Supra, its beautiful and I love the aluminum chassis.

docdoom wrote:
CrashPilot wrote:

Hey guys I really miss going to the races, Ive been racing RC cars on carpet at PDX RC Underground and following all the guidelines, masks all the time, good sanitization of the pit areas, some degree of social distancing and alcohol to sanitize your hands everywhere. I can say that I feel safe there, we could do something like that.
As Mitch mentioned on Facebook a guess, I bought a REVOSLOT, ohh man those cars are just perfect. They make NSR look crap, seriously.
We could have some sort of class for those type of GT cars, REVO, NSR...

No a completely different subject, I have in my garage a nice digital Scalextric track on top of a 13 by 5 feet table, It would be nice to host a race or something here in Scappoose. What you guys think?

Sounds like fun. you running any kind of race program with that ssd set up? I was running rsc 64 with mine with pit in and out sensor before I tore it all down. does revoslot make any gt3 body cars, thought they were are gt1 gt2, have to look into that some... but you can run them in lmp for sure.

Looks like a nice flowing layout.I have some corner lane changes. They no longer make them. If you want by try some. I'll won't be using them any time soon.

The secondnidator

Oh yeah Ive seen those, it looks like to make it work as analog you need to cut some wires in that section. Is that a 90°? I dont know if I would like to spend even more on the track, it was quite of a spend last month to do this digital lol how much are you asking for it?

docdoom wrote:
CrashPilot wrote:

Yes I have RSC64, still learning all the details and settings, it can be very complex. I have two lane changes and pit stop lane.
I bought this REVOSLOT Toyota Supra, its beautiful and I love the aluminum chassis.

docdoom wrote:

Sounds like fun. you running any kind of race program with that ssd set up? I was running rsc 64 with mine with pit in and out sensor before I tore it all down. does revoslot make any gt3 body cars, thought they were are gt1 gt2, have to look into that some... but you can run them in lmp for sure.

Looks like a nice flowing layout.I have some corner lane changes. They no longer make them. If you want by try some. I'll won't be using them any time soon.

free

The secondnidator

Well what a crazy year so far......... all we are missing is a good old Earthquake to round it out.

The secondnidator

Keep talking Doc, just keep talking.
I was going to retire at the end of the month but I may put that off for another year as there appears to be too many homes and businesses that need to be rebuilt.

Wow damn of course I would like it then. We should setup a race here then, who would be in? Of course just need to wait for after these fires now to go away. Hopefully we will get some rain this next week. Its pretty wet outside today, even with no rain.

docdoom wrote:

free

Im in.  what do you run for tires on your track. if rubber I have a bunch of chipped gt3 cars i could bring to race with.  they all are very close in performance.

The secondnidator

As many of you know, I am having my shop/apartment/AirBnb building renovated. Work has been slow going due to a number of things (one contractor pulled out of the project, the "new" contractor got concrete dust in his eyes and had to lay low for 10 days, COVID killed some time, and now wildfires are making air quality so bad that nobody wants to work [can't blame them]). At any rate, since I think the "lockdown" stuff is idiotic and an overreaction, I have been champing at the bit to start racing. As soon as the renovation is done—probably late October—I plan to host a race for anybody brave enough to venture outside without a mask. We just spent 10 days at Disney World in Florida, wearing masks all day long in 90+ degree heat (everyone knows that viruses just THRIVE outdoors in the heat, right?). Not as much fun as you would hope, though the crowds are MUCH smaller and that's a good thing. Let's start racing again!

1,561 (edited by reek455 September 14, 2020 4:46 pm)

Amen, let’s get racing again

Race cars are neither beautiful nor ugly. They become beautiful when they win.

Hey guys, I am working on trying to get my garage sorted out so we could maybe host a night race over there soon.

I have a couple challenges to overcome before this can happen. But I am hoping before the cold winter months it is an option.

I want to emphasize that I think it is important here to respect those who open up their homes for us to race. I want to race as much as the next guy but it really isn't up to what we are comfortable with at this point. It is up to the track owners and their families and we have to respect that.

That said, starting next month there will be 3 weeks in a row of fast paced 1/24 racing going on. So now might be the time to try your hand at that!

Zack

With all these smoke in the air,  it really sad we not out smoking our tires with some racing....

The secondnidator

Wanabgts wrote:

Hey guys, I am working on trying to get my garage sorted out so we could maybe host a night race over there soon.

I have a couple challenges to overcome before this can happen. But I am hoping before the cold winter months it is an option.

I want to emphasize that I think it is important here to respect those who open up their homes for us to race. I want to race as much as the next guy but it really isn't up to what we are comfortable with at this point. It is up to the track owners and their families and we have to respect that.

That said, starting next month there will be 3 weeks in a row of fast paced 1/24 racing going on. So now might be the time to try your hand at that!

Zack

Yes we dont want to put any pressure on the track owners, when they feel ready to hoist again they will....hopefully there is a vaccine that will  be out shortly and all these crazy crap will behind us and we can get back to normal life again....
sounds like a plan there Zack...  hey the 1/24 stuff looks like fun. just wish I could get some in. but working both saturday and sundays really  screws that up.... come on winning lottery ticket.....

The secondnidator

Well my track build is on the back burner till the home remodel is done.garage is going to full of building supplies and such...

The secondnidator

knock knock.. wake up....

The secondnidator

I'm here on a daily basis just lurking, since I don't have any space to work on cars, my track is covered by a tarp while the shop renovation is ongoing (albeit VERY slowly), and I don't have any room in the house. So, I just look at all the slot boards and see other people racing and building and it drives me CRAZY. We might have everything done by the end of November, but realistically, it probably won't be until next year sometime. X@#%$@!!

"We might have everything done"

Silly Stan, When you own a home and particularly if you're married it's never "done".

Mitch, quite right. It’s often a case of “if you give a mouse a cookie...”

(“He’ll want a glass of milk...”) and on and on...

just because I can..... got nothing else to do right now.......

The secondnidator

Well believe or not it has been over one year since we had our last odd Thursday race..March 5, 2020, did any body think then it would be these long and still not back to racing...

The secondnidator

I don't think anyone thought we'd be in "lockdown" this long........

I got my first COVID shot today.............so far I'm still alive and I only glow a little when the lights are out and I stand next to the wifi router........

shots dont even get me started on those...to late. been going to work every day because my job is considered essential. but yet Im not eligible for the shot....

The secondnidator

I finally got my first shot scheduled for next Monday ! My hope is to get Odd Thursday's going again maybe in April. Last year we got just to one race past half way through the 2020 schedule. My plan is to continue with that schedule through the summer for points for the 2021 Point Series Championship. I'm eagerly looking forward to racing again !!!
           Al

1,575 (edited by docdoom March 9, 2021 10:27 am)

Over 50 Al wrote:

I finally got my first shot scheduled for next Monday ! My hope is to get Odd Thursday's going again maybe in April. Last year we got just to one race past half way through the 2020 schedule. My plan is to continue with that schedule through the summer for points for the 2021 Point Series Championship. I'm eagerly looking forward to racing again !!!
           Al

Damn Al long time not hearing from you. Did you forget you had internet?. Yes it be nice when we can all get back together  again..looking forward  to it. Have lots of cars that  I have built  during these down time  that need some testing

The secondnidator