Re: RESCHEDULED! - Springwater 500 / Classic NASCAR Race - September 26th

Forgot to check the Sportsman rules .... maybe we are allowed to have independent rotating front wheels?

DC -
"The chassis shall consist of 3 pans only: 1 a center pan and 2 a right pan and 3 a left pan. If you make your own chassis it must be a copy of a Hanna chassis using 3 pans with no hinges and inline only - see example photo below. Side pans can move back and forth. No independent movement of the front end from the center pan. Front axle housing must be soldered to the center pan. No part of the chassis may protrude from the body. Front axle must extend through each front wheel and be one piece. Tires can roll independently and coated.  Maximum tracking front and rear: 3.250" measured from outside of tires. "

So a whole bunch of people had a great time racing on a super cool track and no one has posted any pics?  Kinda makes me think it might not have happened.

XOXO,
the Koub

If a race happens in the forest, and the Koub isn't there to see it, did it happen?

The photos all ended up on Facebook........unfortunately....

31 (edited by Mitch58 September 29, 2020 7:19 pm)

Chris, I posted photos and videos on HRWs facebook page and Slot racing old schools page, Also NW truescale's page.

This site won't let me post videos and only 1 photo at a time.

Here's a great photo of the field from Howie!  - Thanks Howie!

http://www.naste.org/members/bill/SpringwaterClassicNASCAR092020.jpg

Mitch58 wrote:

Chris, I posted photos and videos on HRWs facebook page and Slot racing old schools page, Also NW truescale's page.

This site won't let me post videos and only 1 photo at a time.

Ah, FB.  The derby was the only thing pushing me to that site.  I am back to spending very little time on it, and I haven't missed it.  I'll go look though, just for you!

I hear ya Chris, I visit a few interesting pages and keep up with some far flung relatives but the rest is pretty much just crap.

Thanks  to Bob for hosting another great race! Also, thanks to everyone for helping all the new folks such as myself. The scratch built cars are intimidating/confusing without direction and you guys make it as easy as possible to get into. I see now that it is important to bring as many extra parts/pieces as possible to keep everyone's cars running (not just my own). Like Zack said, "Just finishing the race is an accomplishment"!

wb0s wrote:

Here's a great photo of the field from Howie!  - Thanks Howie!

http://www.naste.org/members/bill/SpringwaterClassicNASCAR092020.jpg

those are some sharp looking cars. lets see the after race pics.

The secondnidator

Mitch58 wrote:

I hear ya Chris, I visit a few interesting pages and keep up with some far flung relatives but the rest is pretty much just crap.

Lots of crap out there yep, but the vids of the race and track look great.  Definitely need to get over there one day.