Topic: RESCHEDULED! - Springwater 500 / Classic NASCAR Race - September 26th

The Springwater 500 Classic NASCAR Race has been rescheduled for Saturday September 26th.

Race: Springwater 500 / Classic NASCAR Race

Date: September 26th, 2020

Format: 4 minute heats/4 times through. No Qualifying.

Time: Doors open at 9am. Race starts at 10:30am.

Practice: Friday the 25th from 4 to 8pm.

Cost: 10.00 entry fee, includes lunch

Rules:
Chassis:  Sportsman (Econo Car) class chassis, motor and tire rules in effect. Maximum chassis width minus "L" rails for body is 2 and 13/16 inches.

Bodies: Any 1/24 Revell/Monogram NASCAR body from 1980 on. No Gen 6 or Slab sides allowed. Must have front and rear windows from kit. No Lexan.
Must fit the sportsman chassis. Minimum height - 1.850.

Bob N.

Re: RESCHEDULED! - Springwater 500 / Classic NASCAR Race - September 26th

Would it be possible for a non-racing visitor to attend? I'd be happy to marshal...

Stumbly; I would think that it would be neat to have you come over and check out the action! This is not my track, but I believe Bob would invite you also. Oct. 3rd. is my race at Rapid Raceway and you are VERY welcome to check it out. It is the Rapid 500. I always have cookies and coffee on hand to all that come through the door!

Hey Stan, If you can make it Saturday come on by! It is a long race and you and I can team up with my car. I'll run half the race and you can run the second half.

Stan I'll have an extra car, but you'll need a controller that can handle the amps without melting in your hand.

I can also bring an extra controller.

Will my DiFalco work, Mitch? If not, I will accept Bill's kind offer. What a great bunch of guys!! Thanks!

Stan, if you don't have the 25 ohm brake pot on your controller don't use it for the heavier 1/24 cars. If you have a NEO or your network is for 1/32 cars it probably won't have very good response for 1/24. I know Zack has had issues with  a Difalco controller set up for 1/32 cars and replaced the heat sink with the larger one. These heavy cars get controllers hot!

Then I probably will need to borrow yours.Thanks!

On the subject of loaners. I have a guy from the shop interested in coming as well.

I got a second car but could use a loaner body if someone has one of those. I am sure we can figure out the controller situation for him as well. Trying to wrangle up some fresh blood!

Zack

I found a body in my stash. Hopefully we can just round robin a controller.

See you at practice!

Zack

I don't have a spare DiFalco but I do have a older Omni Cidex that I could loan out. Not super fancy but dependable.

Race cars are neither beautiful nor ugly. They become beautiful when they win.

Sorry I missed the interaction about the race. Everyone is welcome!!!!! We also have extra controllers and stuff to get someone going. The more the merrier.

Thanks to all for the offers of help! I'll see you on Saturday!

I got one of my co-worker roped into coming I think. I got a second car all ready for him last night. Be good to get some new guys out!

Zack

You all have fun now, I'll be drunging away and the work cave make sure all the trucks can roll so they can delv all the much needed but wipe and other things...

The secondnidator

Doc, thanks for your efforts.  Keeping things rolling is pretty important right now.

"Big Smooth"

18 (edited by reek455 September 26, 2020 5:36 pm)

Thank you so much Bob for all the hard work that you put into hosting the race today. My car ran pretty well when it wasn’t broken, thanks again Bob, Gear loose and Ted for the help in repairing it.

Regards
Rico

Race cars are neither beautiful nor ugly. They become beautiful when they win.

A HUGE thank you to all who came to race today. The racing was fierce and the crashes were.......well....... BIG!!!!!!!
Congratulations to John Gill (Turing John) for a hard fought win today. 20 total Racers showed up for battle and with computer issues aside, we managed to run a fun and competitive race.
FINAL RESULTS:
1. John Gill         320 laps               11. Bart Ouchida         250 laps
2, Zack Morgan   318 laps               12. Mitch Brooks         246 laps
3. DC Dynamo    311 laps               13. Tommy Thompson 245 laps
4. Howie            296 laps               14. Rico                     243 laps
5. Gearloose      291 laps                15. Scott                   237 laps
6. Ted               288 laps                16. Stewmeat            148 laps
7. Bill Bostic      285 laps                17. Ken                     119 laps
8.Craig Rieland 284 laps                 18. Tim                     116 laps
9.Marty            268 laps                 DQ. Bob                    294 laps (changed cars)
10.Stan           266 laps                  DQ. Beau                  121 laps (changed cars)

Good times and great turnout. Thanks Bob.

Thanks to Bob for the wonderful car and Rico for the loan of his controller...both of which were much better than the driver they were loaned to! Thanks to all who showed up for a great day of racing. It's been a long time coming for me—haven't touched a controller since last November, so this was a really fun day.

Thanks Bob for an AWESOME race! That really was a lot of fun!

racerbob wrote:

A HUGE thank you to all who came to race today. The racing was fierce and the crashes were.......well....... BIG!!!!!!!
Congratulations to John Gill (Turing John) for a hard fought win today. 20 total Racers showed up for battle and with computer issues aside, we managed to run a fun and competitive race.
FINAL RESULTS:
1. John Gill         320 laps               11. Bart Ouchida         250 laps
2, Zack Morgan   318 laps               12. Mitch Brooks         246 laps
3. DC Dynamo    311 laps               13. Tommy Thompson 245 laps
4. Howie            296 laps               14. Rico                     243 laps
5. Gearloose      291 laps                15. Scott                   237 laps
6. Ted               288 laps                16. Stewmeat            148 laps
7. Bill Bostic      285 laps                17. Ken                     119 laps
8.Craig Rieland 284 laps                 18. Tim                     116 laps
9.Marty            268 laps                 DQ. Bob                    294 laps (changed cars)
10.Stan           266 laps                  DQ. Beau                  121 laps (changed cars)

Man that look like it was barn burner of a race, close battles all through the field.....

The secondnidator

Thanks Bob for hosting the race. John had a nice consistent run all the way through!

I was able to fix my car pretty easily luckily and even got to test it before packing up and heading home.

Stan, you did great stepping up to the big cars. Hope to see you make it out again sometimes soon.

Zack

I REdiscovered how weak front brass axle tubes are in racing.  I had to straighten mine about 3 times to get the axle to roll again. Thought my motor was slowing down. No, just the rolling resistance going UP. Will be looking for a good solution to that problem.