1 (edited by Mitch58 August 12, 2020 5:46 am)

Topic: Lamborghini Miura

This looks years ahead of what everyone else was building in 1966. I saw a lot of these styling ques throughout the 70s

Post's attachments

117275032_10221271236945038_2678599139011416764_o (1).jpg 405.78 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

Re: Lamborghini Miura

Very cool looking cars! The first one I ever saw was the Tyco HO slot car.

When I was attending UC Santa Barbara one of the guys in my dorm had borrowed his brother's Miura. Drove it down Hollister Road as fast as he could and wrapped it around a tree.

Ewww, how do you ever get past that?

stumbley wrote:

When I was attending UC Santa Barbara one of the guys in my dorm had borrowed his brother's Miura. Drove it down Hollister Road as fast as he could and wrapped it around a tree.

Well we are in tree hugging country. Did the tree make it through the crash and was a lawsuit taken up for the tree to sue the driver and owner????

The secondnidator

Doc, apparently California is not as kind to trees as Oregon; no lawsuit. The crash was harder on the car than the tree.

Mitch, you get past it the way another did: while working at the Village Theater in Westwood (near UCLA), I witnessed the following...

A guy who worked as an usher at the Bruin theater across the street received a Porsche 911 Targa for a high school graduation present. The evening after he got the car, he totaled it. The NEXT DAY, his father had replaced the car with an identical one, and the idiot was happily driving badly again. Some people have more money than sense.

From a working man's viewpoint I can only think, what a shame, what a shame, what a shame.

Lamborghini Miura is such a funny car to me. There were a couple of design cues that were cool in that era that looked great on some cars, and looked so terrible on the Miura. The more stripped down and less louvered always seemed to look the best to me, like Mitch's Gold.  I really love https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3TJKdoEef0 story of his dad's Muira.

j. burns

Great story & vid!

Thanks!