Topic: NASTE 2021 Point Series Championship

This might be a good time to start discussing the NASTE 2021 Point Series Championship.

Things we could start thinking about are a start date for the series, any changes that might be made to the format, and the classes to be raced for the championship.

Racing for many of the past series started in September, but with this COVID 19 situation I'm sure everyone has concerns about when to start gathering together.

A tentative date has been set for the annual NASTE Halloween Race. October 31st is on a Saturday this year and Howie has agreed to have Rapid Raceway host the race again this year on that date. Depending on when everyone is comfortable to start getting together the Halloween Race could also be a kick off race for the 20121 season.

Please post up any concerns or ideas you might have! Let's start the dialog!

============Bill

Re: NASTE 2021 Point Series Championship

These is the Saturday races correct

Ed: To answer, NO.  ====Bill

The secondnidator

The NASTE Point Series Championship was moved to races held on Odd Thursdays awhile back. The IROC races were no longer scored as part of the Point Series Championship. I feel this is now the best venue and format for the Point Series Championship. There is much more of a competitive feel to the Odd Thursday night races in my opinion, therefore more pertinent to a point series. The IROC races had their own championship.

=======Bill

wb0s wrote:

The NASTE Point Series Championship was moved to races held on Odd Thursdays awhile back. The IROC races were no longer scored as part of the Point Series Championship. I feel this is now the best venue and format for the Point Series Championship. There is much more of a competitive feel to the Odd Thursday night races in my opinion, therefore more pertinent to a point series. The IROC races had their own championship.

=======Bill

The Saturday Halloween  thing through me off.with that said has there been any thought of a second track being added to the Thursday  night  list. I DONT think Al going to hoisting any races till these covid19 issue is truly well behind us.

The secondnidator

Just to clarify, the Halloween race does not count for points.

I have not heard of any plans, comments, or ideas about adding tracks to the line up. There are some nice new tracks out there that could surely be added if the interest is there!

wb0s wrote:

Just to clarify, the Halloween race does not count for points.

I have not heard of any plans, comments, or ideas about adding tracks to the line up. There are some nice new tracks out there that could surely be added if the interest is there!

I heard there is a really nice one over by Vancouver Mall.The owner  is a really swell  guy to boot.

The secondnidator

Thanks for that vote of confidence Doc!

I'm just about ready to start the tear down for the upgrades I'm planning. The 180 degree hairpin should be coming off by the end of next week.

8 (edited by docdoom July 29, 2020 5:27 pm)

Yeah I had plans on redoing my table and track but it is way to hot in the garage  to do anything right now.

The secondnidator

My shop stays nice and cool. I suppose if I keep the overhead door open that won't be the case. But fortunately there is still some left to do with the door closed!

With the next "shut down" looming, I thought it might be a good time to touch base here again. Except for the running of the Annual NASTE Halloween Race, all NASTE racing is still shut down. My track is still in the renovation process but, I am getting closer to having it operational again. Howie still has Rapid Raceway up and running, Bob Nakamura has shut down Springwater Raceway temporarily, and Tom Street's track in Bend is still holding races. I have not talked with any of the other NASTE track owners about their near future plans. Once my track is complete I plan to hold some select races through 2021, and possibly one or two races in December. I do have one OSCAR race scheduled for December 12th.

At this point there are no NASTE Point Races scheduled for the 2021 season. Normally we would have started the 2021 season in September, or with the Halloween race. At this point I am not sure exactly what the 2021 NASTE schedule will look like. I am open to suggestions and comments. At a minimum I will schedule a few races on my track to compete for the title for those interested. Depending on what this COVID situation has in store for us, the Point Series Champion may be determined by as few as four races, but there will be a 2021 Champion!

Well, I would be holding races if my Airbnb renovation was progressing or finished. It seems as if the project is cursed...first contractor pulled out the day before he was supposed to start construction. Neighbor contractor lost a gig, so was overjoyed that he could work on our project. Yay!! But...his helper had back issues and had to have surgery, so it was "go it alone". Then he got concrete dust in his eyes, and was sidelined for a week. Then the wildfires made the air quality in our area unbreatheable....lost another week. Got his son to help out, son slipped in the bathtub and threw out HIS back....back to "go it alone." Plumber ordered the wrong shower, took six weeks to get the new one. Roll-up doors factory is behind because of...wildfires...doors are 3 weeks late. Contractor got his son back and....suffered a bout of congestive heart failure. We have had no work done now for the last 2 weeks, and the project that was supposed to be STARTED last December and finished by the summer looks like it will take until the end of the year or possibly February. Who cursed me?

Stan, COVID 2020...............

The year best forgotten, right?

Definitely!..........I say we pretend it never even happened!

I keep waking up in the morning hoping it all was a bad dream. no such luck..... lets hope 2021 is not a carbon copy....

The secondnidator

stumbley wrote:

Well, I would be holding races if my Airbnb renovation was progressing or finished. It seems as if the project is cursed...first contractor pulled out the day before he was supposed to start construction. Neighbor contractor lost a gig, so was overjoyed that he could work on our project. Yay!! But...his helper had back issues and had to have surgery, so it was "go it alone". Then he got concrete dust in his eyes, and was sidelined for a week. Then the wildfires made the air quality in our area unbreatheable....lost another week. Got his son to help out, son slipped in the bathtub and threw out HIS back....back to "go it alone." Plumber ordered the wrong shower, took six weeks to get the new one. Roll-up doors factory is behind because of...wildfires...doors are 3 weeks late. Contractor got his son back and....suffered a bout of congestive heart failure. We have had no work done now for the last 2 weeks, and the project that was supposed to be STARTED last December and finished by the summer looks like it will take until the end of the year or possibly February. Who cursed me?

I can relate. been waiting 4 weeks to get my kitchen and dinner room done. still waiting. getting take out is getting old really fast.

The secondnidator

17 (edited by Mitch58 November 17, 2020 7:10 am)

Not a carbon copy Doc, It'll be more like a continuation.

The Spanish Flu was an issue for about three years, this should be about the same. With the world wide air travel we have today and as much as people move around these days compared to 1918-1920 it may take longer.

stumbley wrote:

The year best forgotten, right?

I saw something on the internet recently where someone who was having a really crappy day was asked how they were doing.  They replied with the litany of issues they were being massacred by and closed with, "you know... it's been a real 2020 kind of day."

It will be a long time before this is forgotten, but it won't be for a lack of trying.

With regard to shutdowns, this is an interesting article:

https://behindtheblack.com/behind-the-b … 19-spread/

Very interesting article Stan. Thanks!

Makes one wonder

Race cars are neither beautiful nor ugly. They become beautiful when they win.

It's the same as every other virus. You can get it no matter what you do. The point is, take the precautions that make sense to you. It's clear that government and "medical experts" really have no clue what to do:

"Western nations face a big challenge in fighting the Covid-19 pandemic: Ten months into the health crisis, they still know little about where people are catching the virus.

The problem is becoming more acute as new cases are breaking records in the U.S. and Europe and pressure grows on authorities to impose targeted restrictions on places that are spreading the virus, rather than broad confinement measures that are wreaking havoc on the economy.

In Germany, authorities say they don’t know where 75% of people who currently test positive for the coronavirus got it. In Austria, the figure stands at 77%. In Spain, the health ministry said that it was able to identify the origin of only 7% of infections registered in the last week of October. In France and Italy, only some 20% of new cases have been linked to people who previously tested positive."

I think the Murder Hornets are transmitting it and we all know how well they hide!!!!

one thing they are forgetting to tell every body is that the mortality rate has dropped per cases since march. which is a good thing..

The secondnidator