Re: NASTE Odd Thursday Night Racing Rules & Current Thread

I second the request, Doc. I'm ready to race. We can "socially distance" by racing only two lanes, leaving white out and racing blue and red. Marshals will always be 6' apart. We'll wear masks until the salmon comes out!

Well nuts. looks like another 8 weeks of racing cancelled.looks like it is going to a very very very boring summer by the look of things.

The secondnidator

1,528 (edited by Wanabgts May 26, 2020 3:13 pm)

It is what it is fellas. We race in other people homes, and it is important now more than ever to respect everyones comfort level with all that is going on.

I am sure Al would love to have a race night, but if he can't open his doors and have himself and his wife feeling safe in doing so. Then it is best to wait.

There are opportunities to race elsewhere, and this may be the prime time to build your own track and have some people over!

Zack

I wish my renovation were going faster than it is...we could be racing here. Looks like things will be down for at least another couple of months. Right now, those of you who have been to my place wouldn't recognize it; it's all torn apart.

Hopefully, we'll be beyond this craziness soon!

I have "STUFF" set aside for some guys:

Mitch - Cox La Cucaracha body.
Zack - 1/24 painted NASCAR Fusion body.
Rico -  Two 3D printed chassis (one for SRC Alfa 33TT12).
Monte - Three 3D printed chassis (Sloter Lola T280, Carrera Ferrari 365 P2, Spirit Ferrari 512M).
Guy - Fly Porsche 917 (Steve McQueen collector box).
Chris Kouba - Slot.it Ford GT40 (of course).
Bob Nak - Scalextric Trans Am parts.
Mark Abolofia - Pink Kar VW Bug, track spectator figures, track scenery trees.

I'm planning to be at Bob Nak's open practice at Springwater Raceway on Saturday June 6th. I will have this stuff with me if any of you have time to come by. I may bring some other "STUFF" along with me.

Due to the Covid 19 situation Al has called it and the final results for the NASTE 2020 Point Series Championship are as posted. Hopefully the new 2021 season can get underway at the normal time, or at least by the annual Halloween Race!

Thanks Al for a great season of racing!

Congrats to Zack Morgan, the 2020 Champion!

Thanks Bill, it was a lot of fun while it lasted.

Hopefully next season will be another hard fought battle!

Zack

Damn......

The secondnidator

Been thinking a lot about the classes we run and all the new cars that have come out and soon to released cars. Looks like there is big push for gt3 cars coming from the manufators. With that said it might be time to re think our current gt3 class.  I know it was either a love or hate reaction to the class. So these is what I was thinking  that we do away with current gt3 rules and open it up to 3d chassis and the new cars from slot it and sideways nsr and others. Make it spec motor rule. Either the baby raptor motor or the 20k nsr motor and open tire choice.  Open gearing and No silicone tires only. Comments???? Na or yea let your voice  be heard....

The secondnidator

Thanks for posting Doc, it is September already and time to open up some dialog regarding the NASTE 2021 season. The annual Halloween race is on the calendar, but that's it so far.

I'm not sure when everyone would like to get some racing scheduled, and I know there are still concerns over the COVID 19 stuff. I have attended a few races during this COVID 19 issue and have not experienced any problems. The races I have attended were attended by fewer than 20 racers and everyone was being cautious to some degree. The basic rule has been if you don't feel well, don't come.

As far as classes to race for the point series, I am open to any suggestions as I have no preferences. The schedule is open for discussion also in regards to tracks interested in hosting races, scheduling for Odd Thursday Night racing, Saturday races, or any other ideas.

1,536 (edited by docdoom September 2, 2020 4:11 pm)

yes yes and yes....

The secondnidator

1,537 (edited by docdoom September 2, 2020 4:23 pm)

Looks like it when the track owners think it is safe to start racing again it will happen........but it does not hurt to at least talk about it right????
so check it out. I was in Safeway the other day and I'm not really thinking about were I was going. so I head down a aisle not really paying much to the arrows when I older gents speaks up and says young man did not see the arrows on the ground in a rather nasty tone if I do say so, I replied back not only did I not see the arrows I did not see all the Indians either.....

The secondnidator

hey I head that Hooters is going to have there own to your door food delivery program.

they are calling it KNOCKERS!!!!!!!

The secondnidator

So a guys driving down the road doing 50 mph and a chicken goes flying pass him and shoots down a alley.
so the driver slams on his breaks and jumps out of his car and run down the alley looking for that chicken.  when a farmer steps out of a door way. driver ask if he saw were that chicken had gone. farmer replies back that's my chicken.  driver says he never seen a chicken run so fast before. well the farmer say that because i raise three legged chickens. driver says really why. well the farmer answers lets say you want a chicken dinner and you want a leg, say your wife want one two and then your son or daughter wants a leg. well with a three legged chicken solves that. drivers replies man that great, but  how do they taste? farmer say I have no idea, we have never caught one....

The secondnidator

A Duck Hunter is out hunting. he has been in his blind all day and has not seen or heard any ducks all day. all of a sudden here come a flock of ducks flying over his head. so he takes aim and BANG he shoots one out of the sky. he watches it fall from the sky and hit a farm house roof and land dead in the front yard. so works way out of the blind, heads up to the farm and jumps over the fence to get his duck. just then these rather large and well built farmer steps out of his house and ask the hunter what he thinks he is doing. well Im getting that duck I shot. no the farmer says that my duck it hit my farm house and is in my yard so that makes it my duck... hunters say no I shot that duck it is mine.. farmer ask here is he from?and does he  know any thing about Property rights. well the hunters says the big city and no not really. well the farmer says we can settle these country style. hunter asks what is that. well that's were we take turns kicking each other in the balls and who ever does not give up can keep the duck. hunter goes eeeeeeeeeeeee im not to sure about that, bit I have been out here all day and sure hate to go home empty handed, so sure lets do country style then. farmer say ok but I get to go 1st. all right? so the farmes revs up and kicks the hunter has hard as he can. ooooooooooooooooooooooooooo errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr damnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn the hunter drops to the ground in pain and rolls on the ground for what seamed like 30min. finally he gets up brushes his self off and says man that really did hurt and says ok my turn. farms says back never mind, you can keep the duck!!!!!!

The secondnidator

Doc, I really think you need to get to work on that track!.............Funny stuff though...........Thanks!

I agree, and better keep that day job too.

Race cars are neither beautiful nor ugly. They become beautiful when they win.

Love to be working on the track. it just to damn hot in there to do much of anything till the weather cools off. I have to deal with a oven all day at work, not much up to do it all over at home...

The secondnidator

https://www.nsrslot.it/assets/models/mo … s_amg.html
https://www.nsrslot.it/assets/models/mo … v/asv.html
https://www.nsrslot.it/assets/models/mo … mw_z4.html
https://www.nsrslot.it/assets/models/mo … di_R8.html
https://www.nsrslot.it/assets/models/mo … 7/997.html
https://www.slotcar-today.com/en/notice … s-8276.php
https://www.slotcar-today.com/en/notice … t-8689.php
https://www.slotcar-today.com/en/notice … s-8640.php
https://www.slotcar-today.com/en/notice … o-8590.php
https://www.slotcar-today.com/en/notice … t-8560.php

The secondnidator

So these old 49er comes out of the hills were he has been mining and walks into the local town. takes a seat at the bar and orders a beer and whiskey and downs both. then ask the bar owner were the nearest brothel is located.   bar owner replies we do not have those  in our town. well dang napper the old coot says what if you really in need of some company.. the bar owners thinks for few minutes and says if your really hard up there is old bill across the street there. 49 replies Im not into that crap. well that all there is here. so the 49er has a few more beers and off back into the hills he goes. so these happens  few more times and then one day the 49ers comes back into town and asks the same old question and gets the same answer , well the old 49ers replies it has been years i do anything at these point so the bar owners yells at a few guys and they take of to get old bill. the 49 is sitting at the bar drinking his beer when he hears all this fighting and cussing going on and he looks out and old bill is putting up a hell of a fight. the 49 asks the bar owners what is up with old Bill. well the bar owners says old Bill ant into that  crap either.....

The secondnidator

Doc, Scaleauto also makes a nice selection of Gt-3 cars, smooth and quick. I have their early Mercedes and a C7 Corvette, they are as smooth and fast as anything else I own.  Ninco also made some with flat chassis we should have run with with the others. I have a Stock Toyota and a Lexus that will run circles around my Scaley cars.

Hey guys I really miss going to the races, Ive been racing RC cars on carpet at PDX RC Underground and following all the guidelines, masks all the time, good sanitization of the pit areas, some degree of social distancing and alcohol to sanitize your hands everywhere. I can say that I feel safe there, we could do something like that.
As Mitch mentioned on Facebook a guess, I bought a REVOSLOT, ohh man those cars are just perfect. They make NSR look crap, seriously.
We could have some sort of class for those type of GT cars, REVO, NSR...

No a completely different subject, I have in my garage a nice digital Scalextric track on top of a 13 by 5 feet table, It would be nice to host a race or something here in Scappoose. What you guys think?

1,548 (edited by docdoom September 5, 2020 7:04 pm)

CrashPilot wrote:

Hey guys I really miss going to the races, Ive been racing RC cars on carpet at PDX RC Underground and following all the guidelines, masks all the time, good sanitization of the pit areas, some degree of social distancing and alcohol to sanitize your hands everywhere. I can say that I feel safe there, we could do something like that.
As Mitch mentioned on Facebook a guess, I bought a REVOSLOT, ohh man those cars are just perfect. They make NSR look crap, seriously.

No a completely different subject, I have in my garage a nice digital Scalextric track on top of a 13 by 5 feet table, It would be nice to host a race or something here in Scappoose. What you guys think?

Sounds like fun. you running any kind of race program with that ssd set up? I was running rsc 64 with mine with pit in and out sensor before I tore it all down. does revoslot make any gt3 body cars, thought they were are gt1 gt2, have to look into that some... but you can run them in lmp for sure.

The secondnidator

Plans are starting to appear!

"Big Smooth"

Yes I have RSC64, still learning all the details and settings, it can be very complex. I have two lane changes and pit stop lane.
I bought this REVOSLOT Toyota Supra, its beautiful and I love the aluminum chassis.

docdoom wrote:
CrashPilot wrote:

Sounds like fun. you running any kind of race program with that ssd set up? I was running rsc 64 with mine with pit in and out sensor before I tore it all down. does revoslot make any gt3 body cars, thought they were are gt1 gt2, have to look into that some... but you can run them in lmp for sure.

Post's attachments

IMG_20200906_200159.jpg 850.81 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.