Topic: OSCAR Race at Tom's World

For anyone who would like to test before the NASCAR race on June 13,2020 at
Tom's World, Springwater Raceway will be open Saturday June 6th from 10am - 4pm.
Parts will be available too. Looking forward to race!!!!!

Re: OSCAR Race at Tom's World

Thanks for making this track time available to us Bob, I will be there!

Zack

I'm planning to come by too Bob.

Bill

wb0s wrote:

I'm planning to come by too Bob.

Bill

Wow a Bill sighting in the wild. Now I AM excited!

Zack

We're gonna need pictures!

"Big Smooth"

Are there any carpool plans yet for the trip to Tom's? I can drive but I now only own one full size extra seat and a cubby for a couple close friends..........

wb0s wrote:

Are there any carpool plans yet for the trip to Tom's? I can drive but I now only own one full size extra seat and a cubby for a couple close friends..........

I am planning go over there on Friday. So I will probably be going on my own. I am not sure what John, Ted, and Stuart have planned but I know they are all going...

Zack

I got a call from Bob Nak, he and I are riding together for sure. I can safely accommodate one or two more.

I have "STUFF" set aside for some guys:

Mitch - Cox La Cucaracha body.
Zack - 1/24 painted NASCAR Fusion body.
Rico -  Two 3D printed chassis (one for SRC Alfa 33TT12).
Monte - Three 3D printed chassis (Sloter Lola T280, Carrera Ferrari 365 P2, Spirit Ferrari 512M).
Guy - Fly Porsche 917 (Steve McQueen collector box).
Chris Kouba - Slot.it Ford GT40 (of course).
Bob Nak - Scalextric Trans Am parts.
Mark Abolofia - Pink Kar VW Bug, track spectator figures, track scenery trees.

I'm planning to be at Bob Nak's open practice at Springwater Raceway on Saturday June 6th. I will have this stuff with me if any of you have time to come by.

The race at Tom's World was fast and furious. There was a mix of veteran and newer racers which was good to see.
There was some excellent side by side racing, cars flying through the air and some just plain old bad luck. The "B" main was won by "The Good Bob from Roseburg and he moved up to the "A" main which left Mortar Mike from Cottage Grove the winner. The "A" main was won by the masterful driving of Curtious Curt from Bend.. I will post pictures from the race and the full field rundown from both races if I can.
Thanks to Tom and Susan for being such great hosts.
Racerbob

Thanks for the race report Bob!

......really not sure why they call him "Courteous Curt"?..................

12 (edited by howie June 14, 2020 6:55 pm)

I have an answer for ya Bill, but I won't publish it!

I had a great time overall at my first race at Tom's world.

I just qualified in to the A-main, after not being able to really throw down a good lap.

My first 5 heats went much better than expected, with a 29 lap average I was sitting 5th just behind the really fast guys.

Then on round 2 lane 2, I hook up my controller incorrectly for the second time ever and cause a hell of a smoke show. Bob N let me borrow his, but the new boards just don't feel the same and I couldn't adapt at the pace we were running without causing myself or others harm.

Bob N held his own for only have the morning to practice. His car was a little tight but he kept it in the slot for the most part.

Bill Bostic was FAST! But he had a few more problems keeping the car in the slot. I think with some more practice he will be a real contender.

I was happy with my pace for my first time at the track, just made a stupid mental error.....always next time.

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/50009446803_3917a08494_k.jpg

Zack