Re: well we all are thinking it

I come for the sheer joy of seeing all my friends again.

"Big Smooth"

Just 'cause I'm feeling in a giving mood, here are some points for Mitch:

https://www.jbugs.com/store/graphics/00000001/01011_3_540x405.jpg

Happy Monday everyone!

Thanks Chris, even if those are old points that no longer matter in my life.

The last set of points I adjusted were in my '52 Chevy, and I eventually went electronic in that making it...Pointless.

good Monday to you too.

Mitch58 wrote:

The last set of points I adjusted were in my '52 Chevy, and I eventually went electronic in that making it...Pointless.

OMG, you stealth-punned me, and it was brutally fantastic!!  Well played sir!  Much respect.

I care about points.

Zack

I will admit to underestimating this thing a bit but this has certainly made me feel better about not racing lately:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/01/us/washi … index.html

I think it's the right thing to put this all on pause for a while.

57 (edited by docdoom April 17, 2020 8:43 am)

Things are looking up. we are on the down hill side of things. will not be long before we are seeing each others mugs once again and back to trading paint on the track... here is to pulling all those cancelled events on the home page..

The secondnidator

Here here

Race cars are neither beautiful nor ugly. They become beautiful when they win.

59 (edited by docdoom April 17, 2020 1:50 pm)

amen
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGchlqCjj8A

The secondnidator

Okay folks, I for one am ready to race again. We are on the downslope of the disease, most who were going to catch it caught it. We can be extra careful (maybe race red and blue lanes only to keep "socially distant," cover our faces with masks [I have a really cute plaid one], and generally ensure that things are clean) and go back to having fun. Oregon and Washington are beginning to make noises about "opening up" so maybe it's time...?

I'm in the "at-risk" demographic (over 70) so I should be really worried, right? But I'm not. This shutdown was unnecessary and dumb, and made the "cure" worse than the disease.

I am happy we get to run the big cars this weekend!

Zack

62 (edited by howie April 30, 2020 4:31 pm)

Are you a Dr. Stumbly? This shutdown is for a reason, otherwise who would shut down a country that had great economy? Yes it inconvenienced most, but I feel we saved a lot of lives.To the protesters? Putting it mildly: a bunch of self centered butt heads. I am like every one else though, can't wait to get back to normal!
Let's race! Saturday is coming!! Bring your weapons!!! Take your frustrations out on the track!

Well I did stay in a holiday inn once................... o how I wish I had the weekends off. miss out on so much racing it should be a crime......

The secondnidator

Not a doctor, Howie, but I read a lot. 94% of the deaths in Oregon are people over 60 with underlying co-morbidities. The bulk of cases resulting in hospitalization is for elderly people (like me) with underlying health problems (not like me), so the shutdowns are adversely affecting people who are NOT at risk, and causing more harm to them than benefit. I have spoken to folks with relatives in the health care field, and they tell tales of people with cancer, diabetes, other problems etc. that are NOT being treated because "elective" or non-covid related problems are not considered "essential" at this time (trying to avoid "overwhelming" hospitals). Well, the only hospitals that are being overwhelmed are in New York, and that's because of incompetent leadership. The hospital ship Mercy was hardly used, and then sent home. ANY death is a tragedy, and I'm not saying that people aren't getting sick, but we are finding out now that between 50-80% of cases of COVID-19 appear to be asymptomatic. That means that potentially MILLIONS of Americans have already been infected with NO adverse effects, and that the disease is far less lethal and dangerous than first feared. Keeping the economy stagnant is harming MORE people (30+ MILLION out of work) than will ever be hurt by the disease. It's time to get back to work.

Yes, the shutdowns are "for a reason," but not for protecting health.

Well I won't dig into it any further Stumbly. I am 75 and I suppose at risk also.

With that being said, I rest my case.

I have a race tomorrow, if you want to partake I have an extra controller and an extra car for each class, just let me know so I can get the cars ready to go, that is no big deal, just install rear tires. Doors open at noon.

Howie, thanks for the offer. I would love to race, but have obligations that will prevent me from being there. Maybe next time, hopefully SOON!

Okay, last post on this topic:

Does this not make you stop and think?

When the State tells you it’s safe to go to The Home Depot to buy a sponge but it’s too dangerous to go to a florist and buy flowers—it’s not about your health.

When the State shuts down millions of private businesses but doesn’t lay off a single government employee—it’s not about your health.

When the State bans dentists because it’s unsafe, but deems abortion visits safe—it’s not about your health.

When the State prevents you from buying cucumber seeds because it’s too dangerous, but allows in-person lottery ticket sales—it’s not about your health.

When the State tells you it’s too dangerous to go golf alone, fish alone or be in a motorboat alone, but the Governor can get his stage make up done, and hair done for 5 TV appearances a week—it’s not about your health.

When the state puts you IN a jail cell for walking in a park with your child because it’s too dangerous but lets criminals OUT of jail cells for their health—it’s not about YOUR health!

When the state tells you it’s too dangerous to get treated by a doctor of chiropractic or physical therapy treatments yet deems a liquor store essential—it’s not about your health!

When the State lets you go to the grocery store or hardware store but is demanding mail-in voting, IT’S NOT ABOUT YOUR HEALTH.

What have we been asked to give up "in the name of health"?

68 (edited by docdoom May 2, 2020 3:51 pm)

you left out pot shops and paying taxes....
the  still want there money. does not mater if your working or not....

The secondnidator

I see enough political crap elsewhere.  Let's keep it out of here please.

It called bored  stiff  Chris.but yes let's keep it about slot cars and bar bq

The secondnidator

Yep sorry. That was the last one. Let’s race!

72 (edited by howie May 3, 2020 7:43 am)

Speaking of racing, we had a good turnout yesterday of which I am currently getting ready to report on them on the Rapid Raceway site under Can-Am and Early Modified. We had a good time and no politics that I know of.

I raced yesterday. Feeling much better!

Zack

Wish I could have been there. Next time!

As a reply to the rest of this thread which I didn't read!

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/49855514847_d45901a66f_c.jpg

Zack