Topic: March 7th Classic NASCAR Race Details & Rules

On March 7th, 2020 The Springwater Classic NASCAR 500 will be held at Springwater Raceway.
Track will open at 9 AM with tech at 10:30. Race will start at 11:00. Cost is 10.00 per racer and includes lunch.
Will run 5 minute heats and race 3 times through. The original intent was to use only sealed super 16D motors. I will be
utilizing the NW True Scale rules which allow motors without seals. Due to the fact many of the racers have motors without seals, I will allow those without seals. Again, I will follow the NW True Scale rules for Sportsman. If you plan to attend, either respond here or email me @ rnak94@aol.com. Thanks.

Post's attachments

SPRINGWATER CLASSIC NASCAR 500.docx 480.01 kb, 12 downloads since 2020-01-31 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

Re: March 7th Classic NASCAR Race Details & Rules

CLASSIC NASCAR HARD BODY RULES - SPRINGWATER RACEWAY

GENERAL RULES: NW TRUE SCALE SPORTSMAN
BODIES:  1/24 MONOGRAM/REVELL ONLY
GRAND PRIX 84-92
T-BIRD 81-88
OLDSMOBILE 86-92
BUICK REGAL 81-92
MONTE CARLO 84-89
CHEVY LUMINA - ALL

NO BODY MODIFICATIONS ALLOWED. BODY TO BE UNTRIMMED, EXCEPT SIDE SKIRTS AND FRONT VALANCE FOR TRACK CLEARANCE. BODY TO HAVE FRONT AND REAR WINDOWS. QUARTER WINDOWS OPTIONAL.

CHASSIS:  SPORTSMAN CHASSIS RULES. INLINE WITH NO HINGED PANS. RATTLE CHASSIS ONLY.  REAR TRACK TO BE 3.25 INCH MAXIMUM. FRONT TRACK TO BE 3.25 MAXIMUM. AXLE SIZE 1/8. MINIMUM GROUND CLEARANCE IS .055 FRONT AND BACK.

TIRES:  REAR: .900 MINIMUM DIAMETER. FRONT – 7/8 INCH DIAMETER WITH A MINIMUM ½ INCH WIDTH FOAM TIRES. NO CONING OR NARROWING OF THE FRONT TIRES. MUST BE STOCK. COATING FRONT TIRES IS ALLOWED.

MOTORS: PROSLOT-#PS2101, PS2001 and PS2003 OR PARMA #502 SUPER 16D MOTOR ALLOWED.

SPECIAL NOTE: ONE EXTRA BODY WILL BE ALLOWED FOR SPECIAL EVENT RACES. THE BODY MUST BE THE SAME YEAR, MAKE AND MODEL. PAINT SCHEME DOES NOT HAVE TO MATCH. BODY TO BE SUBMITTED AT TECH.

Practice for the Classic NASCAR race will be Friday March 6th from 4-8pm. Parts will be available during the practice time.

is there I height limit? if so is it measured from the ground to  highest part of the roof or from bottom of the chassis to top of roof?   thanks.

"Due to economic cutbacks,the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off"

flyinbryan wrote:

is there I height limit? if so is it measured from the ground to  highest part of the roof or from bottom of the chassis to top of roof?   thanks.

The way the rules read, you can't cut the body at all so I wouldn't think there is a specified height. It is going to be based solely off the body you choose.

Bob can correct me if I am wrong.

Zack

6 (edited by racerbob February 7, 2020 9:03 am)

Hey Zack,
All the Monogram kits from that era are all about 1.850 plus or minus. You can radius the rear wheel wells for tire clearance and chin spoiler for ground clearance. A few of the kits have side skits on one side and that can be trimmed to match the other side. That is it.
Bob

My Classic NASCAR is ready. I did some newer decals out of fear others would have the same.

I am getting better at paint and decals, but still have a ways to go!

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/49611146843_7903915782_k.jpg

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/49611146878_342851c90f_k.jpg

Zack

8 (edited by howie March 6, 2020 8:51 am)

Nice looking Zack. Don't worry about the paint, as you know slot cars get hammered and your fine paint will get scratched up a bit! A veteran slot car ( especially 1/24th. ) is going to have "scars" to show it has been in a battle or two or more! I am bringing a real old veteran (Richard Petty's Pontiac Grand Prix ) to Bob's race on March 7th. I may have bought it when new in about '84!

4.5 FLEXI NASCAR-NW TRUE SCALE

NASCAR COT BODIES

Body must completely cover the frame and guide flag, from both top and front views.
All wheel openings must be cut open to reveal the full tire. Must have clear windows and a painted 3-dimensional driver figure. NASCAR paint styles with three numbers are required. Body height is 1.750”, measured from bottom of chassis to center of roof.

4.5 NASCAR TRUCK BODIES

Body must completely cover the frame and guide flag, from both top and front views.
All wheel openings must be cut open to reveal the full tire. Must have clear windows and a painted 3-dimensional driver figure. NASCAR paint styles with three numbers are required. The minimum height will be 1.850 inches from bottom of chassis to top of roof.

FRAME

Any 4.5 stamped steel chassis. Chassis may be modified to run a 1/8th inch axle. Wheel base must not exceed 4.5”. Frame may be weighted and reinforced. Frame may be bent. Motor plate may be slotted. Lead wire restraints may be soldered to frame. Pin tubes no longer than 1.25” may be soldered to frame to attach body. No other cutting or grinding is allowed. Car must have .055” ground clearance without guide flag supporting the car. Any commercial guide and wire may be used. No weighted guides.

MOTOR

Proslot #2101, 2001, 2003 or Parma 502 motor. No ball bearings. Motor may be soldered, taped or siliconed in place. Armature may be shimmed and the commutator may be trued.

AXLE AND GEARS

Cars must use 1/8” axle on the rear. Front axles may be 1/8” or 3/32”. Gears must be plastic 48 pitch. Gear ratio open. Oilites may be glued, LOCTITE’d or soldered in place. No ball bearings.

TIRES

Front: minimum allowable diameter is 13/16 (.8125). Minimum width is .500”.
Rear: Any rear tire combination may be used. Maximum track width is 3.25”. Appropriate spacers may be used to achieve this width. Minimum rear wheel diameter is .750”.

*These rules are the same as Tom’s World rules except for the motor rule which states:
“Anybody’s 16D, balanced or not.”

10 (edited by howie March 26, 2021 9:20 am)

Speaking of old cars, I am bringing an AJ Foyt Pontiac #14 for the Flexi NASCAR race on March 27th. at Springwater. It hasn't seen action since the '90's at Slot Car Central!

11 (edited by Mitch58 September 30, 2021 6:25 pm)

I may even be able to get a bit lower.

Post's attachments

243042832_10223943704595059_6481507438362832351_n (1).jpg 376.29 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.