Topic: Competative Carrera DTM cars

What cars have proven to be pretty competitive in the Carrera DTM class? Or are they all about the same?

Re: Competative Carrera DTM cars

They are all about the same.  I have run a proxy for a few years - the Carrera Scramble.  The cars are amazingly even as our results have proven.

Your choices are: Mercedes, BMW or Audi.  Buy a new one and remove the magnets.  We'll be making tires for those cars soon.

"Big Smooth"

Thanks for the advice. I will see if I can get a hold of one.

I wonder if Bill has a few to sell?

Not so sure about that.  I would have had them by now.  wink

Ebay has some.   For retail I suggest Carrera Slots.

"Big Smooth"

he might have 1 or two. both two i have came from the slot car pusher doctor fill good.

The secondnidator

I got a DTM car. I noticed that the lower section of body is attached to the chassis. Can the chassis be straightened with boiling water method? Are there other recommended mods?

Never seen  Carrera  chassis that had to be straightened. They are pretty  robust  cars. Built more like tank than a car. But yes those pods are just spot welded on in spots

The secondnidator

I didn't have to straighten mine either.....But I don't see why it wouldn't work, you can probably just cut the plastic welds and remove those side pods.

Zack

Thanks for the quick response. Are there any other mods that you recommend?

You can run the car stock with good tires and it should run just like all the rest. 

Don't cut the pods.  This isn't designed to be a big mod class. 

Run as stock competition should be close.

"Big Smooth"

HRW has a great video on tuning these exact cars.

Thanks for all the input guys!