Topic: Question about Columbia Gorge Championship using the Porsche 962

Another newby question...I see that there is a race coming up at Springwater Raceway. I am interested in signing up but not sure where to find the car rules/specs. Is this the "Class 3 - BRM 1/24 Group C" rules? If not, where are the rules for this 3 race series?

Re: Question about Columbia Gorge Championship using the Porsche 962

I think I may have found the answer. I assume this is following the OSCAR Porsche 962 rules?

Yes

Thanks Mitch.

Also look under the rules section of the NASTE site. It might be listed under Rapid Raceway rules

6 (edited by howie December 22, 2019 10:06 am)

This is a 3 race format. Each track: Bob's Springwater track, Bill's Inslot Checkered Flag, and mine, Rapid Raceway each have a race with the 962. Each race will be 4 times through at 4 min. heats.

This is a True Scale class and the rules for these cars are in the rules under Rapid Raceway under 962. Points will be established at each track and totaled together to make a Columbia George Champion.

I have a few of the Blue Groove 962 bodies that Bill has left here, they are $10.00 each. The bodies are the only legal bodies. They are sturdy at .030" Lexan.

Thanks for the help Howie! Sounds like a great series. I don't think I can get a car set up in time though. On another note...I can't wait to come out to your track and see the action. I really like the bigger cars that look realistic. Especially Early Modified and Sportsman. I will try and make it out to the Chassis building day to get a Late model Sportsman car built. I already have a body and some other parts just waiting.

We are concentrating on the Can-Am at the chassis session. If you want to build one we will have all the parts etc. to do so. However if you want you can come over for the session and build your Sportsman car. You will need all the parts and brass etc. I am going to have a chassis session in the near future for the Early Modified and Sportsman also.

The problem right now for the 962 is we are having a hard time coming up with the correct chassis, they are getting hard to come by. We may have to go to another plan if we get enough additional racers who want to race and no chassis are available.

Can-Am cars are really cool too and I would rather work on the focus vehicle. I will bring what I have and try and get a Can-Am car built. What is the cost for the materials in the Can-Am session?

Can-Am cars are really cool too and I would rather work on the focus vehicle. I will bring what I have and try and get a Can-Am car built. What is the cost for the materials in the Can-Am session?

11 (edited by howie December 22, 2019 2:31 pm)

Mt. Goat; here is my email: howieandsandy@hotmail.com
We can talk in detail about the Can-Am and any questions you have regarding  Rapid Raceway, classes, rules etc.

PS: we do not have a total cost on the parts for the Can-Am yet. Our parts guy, Bob, will put together a total parts cost for each car. Bill has bodies here for free, we have chassis also for free as long as they last.

Howie,
Thanks so much for the info. I will send you an email.