Topic: Odd Thursday

Since we have no scheduled racing this Thursday,  I can have our track open for a run what you brung/ test and tune sort of evening.
Since I'm not retired I can have it open by 5:00.

Re: Odd Thursday

I will come by for this for sure.

Thanks for the offer to have a club activity Mitch!

Zack

bump.. mitch  lost your address pm ne please...

The secondnidator

PM sent

Mitch, I'm in the same boat as Doc...misplaced your address. PM please

As long as people are showing up I will be there Mitch!

See you tonight.

Zack

Stan,  pm sent

If we get enough for a race Zack maybe we'll find something unusual to race.

need an address for me too please.

ck

Mitch58 wrote:

If we get enough for a race Zack maybe we'll find something unusual to race.

I will bring some cars, but most of mine are built for one of our classes!

Zack

Thanks for a fun time Mitch.  That's a fun track to run!

I had a great time. I appreciate you inviting us over Mitch!

Zack

Yes was mucho. So so  I think I have found a car that some how has been under every body radar or there keeping hush hush M on it for the scca proxies. Why not the lola t70 spyder. From I can see it ran any many many secs races

The secondnidator

docdoom wrote:

Yes was mucho. So so  I think I have found a car that some how has been under every body radar or there keeping hush hush M on it for the scca proxies. Why not the lola t70 spyder. From I can see it ran any many many secs races

I need to dig through the last few years race by race. But I am pretty sure only the mk1 and mk2 raced before the cutoff date.

The Elva from thunderslot however would be legal if out in time.

Zack

Walt Hansgen's Lola T70 Mk1 in 1965

The secondnidator

did private message  audi1 and he said no.but Im thinking he is incorrect from what I have seen. but i also dont want to cause a shit storm if it is legal.... but on the the other hand I would love to run something that will give the gt40 all they can handle...

The secondnidator

17 (edited by Wanabgts October 21, 2019 7:31 am)

Doc, I messaged a couple people I am waiting to hear back. I think it is legal as well myself.

I know for certain the mk1 and probably the mk2 are legal. Making the spyder mk2 version of the car that thunderslot makes likely legal for the series. I think the Mk3 just misses the mark.

Zack

Oh you sneaky proxy guys...  Best of luck to you.

Always make your cars unique, er, Yunick, yes, Smokey Yunick.

"Big Smooth"

not sneaky at all.. did build a nice  gto that runs nicely but will not hang with those gt40's. the lola ran in a lot more scca races than the ford did.........

The secondnidator

Yes the MKll raced in at least Las Vegas in 1966, and at Riverside in 1967. Probably in several more races, But I just watched newsreel footage of those two races on You Tube.  Jim Hall, john Surtees, ect as drivers.

Goose would be able to tell us for sure!

Just for kicks I gutted my Thunderslot spyder and set it up to classic ll specs. What a hoot, I may just leave it that way, I could run it all day without getting bored with it.
  But I won't enter it in the SCCA proxy or probably not the GT40 either, I don't think I could stand the whining.
I may put a 3D chassis under a Revell '63 Corvette body. I love that split window.

Hey I think they would wipe the field in the proxies running the thunderslot chassis.but they have been given the no go for usage.

The secondnidator

24 (edited by Mitch58 October 22, 2019 11:19 am)

Yeah Doc,
I get the intent of the proxy. While I can't drive my Thunderslot really any faster than the top 5 cars that I qualified, I can match the top 5 cars without doing any of the work.

Audie's intent was to build the best car that you can and enter it into like competition, it was never meant to be about the best car you can buy.

I have 3 Ford GTs, a Ferrari and now a Lola set up to these specs mainly because that is the type of car I enjoy the most.

I will probably dig thru the drawers and find something for the proxy, maybe an MRRC geared down to handle that 24K Policar
motor.

Some of those guys had great running cars using the stock chassis. One of the guys had a mostly stock Carrera Cheetah that ran better than any of my Carreras have ever ran.

Hey I think the gto will be the one I send.still might try a the slim can in the cobra and see if it has any more speed in it
The 18k was right down doggy next to the slim can gto.

The secondnidator