Topic: IROC at Autodromo Rossa Colline October 12, 2019

It's that time again, for an IROC race at my place. Again, I've got no cars (4 required) for a single class race. Anyone interested in providing some?

It's likely to be cold again, so I'll get the heaters out. There's more room (we've converted a lot of space in the shop) and there are more things to see: an air hockey table, a ping-pong table, and a "cocktail table arcade game" (60 games including Ms Pac Man and Donkey Kong, for instance) to keep you occupied when not racing.

I'll be providing Carroll Shelby chili again along with soft drinks and water. Parking is adequate for several cars; we just ask that you keep the driveway leading to the shop open for others.

If you need help with anything, my phone is 310-961-0922.

Directions to the property (19560 NE Herring Lane, Newberg, OR 97132):

Directions from Portland (PDX) Airport North:
Start by going northwest on NE Airport Way, taking Airport Way toward the Departures/Ticketing/CheckIn/Valet Parking. Keep left at the fork to continue on Airport Way. In 2.37 miles, merge onto I-205 South toward I-84/Portland/Salem. In 3.07 miles, merge onto I-84 West (Exit 21B) toward Portland. In 5.44 miles, merge onto I-5 South (exit is on left) toward Salem/Beaverton. Stay on I-5 for 7.77 miles until Exit 294 toward Tigard/Newberg. Take the exit and merge onto Oregon 99W South. In 16.5 miles, turn right onto N Main Street in Newberg (Oregon 240). Go 3 tenths of a mile on Main Street, then bear left onto W Illinois Street (Oregon 240). Stay on Oregon 240 for another 2.03 miles until you see a blue sign with four nearby wineries (i.e. Roco, Four Graces); this will indicate the turnoff for Red Hills Road. Turn left onto Red Hills Road (watch for traffic from the left; it's kind of a blind corner). Go about a half mile on Red Hills Road, then turn right onto Herring Lane. Neighborhood directions are below.

Directions from I-5 South:
Take I-5 North toward Portland. When you reach Exit 278 (Ehlen Road NE), exit and turn left onto Ehlen Road. Follow Ehlen Road for 7.04 miles until you reach River Road NE (it will be a "T" intersection). Turn right on River Road (Oregon 219) and follow it for 4.28 miles until you reach N Villa Road (you will bear right at rear of Walgreens and turn left at the light to merge onto Oregon 99W going South). In about 8 tenths of a mile, turn right onto N Main Street in Newberg (Oregon 240). Go 3 tenths of a mile on Main Street, then bear left onto W Illinois Street (Oregon 240). Stay on Oregon 240 for another 2.03 miles until you see a blue sign with four nearby wineries (i.e. Roco, Four Graces); this will indicate the turnoff for Red Hills Road. Turn left onto Red Hills Road (watch for traffic from the left; it's kind of a blind corner). Go about a half mile on Red Hills Road, then turn right onto Herring Lane. Neighborhood directions are below.

Once you've reached our neighborhood:
Our major crossroads are Hwy 240 & Red Hills Road.  On Herring Lane, there are three speed bumps and only the first two are marked (the third is at the crest of the 2nd hill).  If traveling by GPS, it may be incorrect and will claim you've arrived about 1/4 mile before you truly have.  We are located almost at the end of the lane on the left-hand side (white picket fence/gated entrance with grape motif). 

Herring Lane is a typical country road - completely paved but narrow.  There are numerous places to pull over to allow others to pass (driveways and flat carve-outs along the road).  Please be cautious approaching the vineyard on the left where there is a small drainage ditch (about 2 feet deep) following the roadside (It's marked by reflectors for visibility at night).

Ensure there are no dogs visible on the main driveway prior to keying in gate code (there shouldn't be—we'll keep them enclosed during the time of the race).  If those cute furry faces are in view, wait until you speak with us.  The gate code is 1956# and be careful as the electronic gate opens out toward you.

You have about 45 seconds to drive through the front gate before it automatically closes.  Once through the gate, drive to the top of the driveway and take a right at the first opportunity, which leads down our second driveway toward the shop and apartment.  Park your vehicle under the apartment deck or on the gravel to the right (north) of the shop.  Please do not block the 2nd exit gate.

Re: IROC at Autodromo Rossa Colline October 12, 2019

I can arrange cars.

"Big Smooth"

I can arrange cars.  Perhaps Bill has some ideas?

"Big Smooth"

I have lots of cars but, I have no cars suitable and ready to go for an IROC race.

In addition, I unfortunately have prior commitments and will not be able to attend this race.

If anyone has time to set up cars and has an idea for likely candidates I'm all ears!

I got it.  Those that are coming, bring a controller if you have one of the DS units.

"Big Smooth"

By the way, just in case anyone was thinking about it, Carrera DTM cars with stock guides do not run on my track. The guide is too long (wide?) and binds in even the loosest radius corners. So I'll have to change out to a different kind of guide for those cars. So don't think about using those for the IROC (unless the guides have been changed out for shorter ones).

All of the DTM cars for the proxy should have no issues, if so, it's the last round and they can be shortened as needed.

"Big Smooth"

Im hoping to make it out there!

Zack

Dominic has a football game at 7:00 so I won’t make it

Race cars are neither beautiful nor ugly. They become beautiful when they win.

We'll miss you, Rico! Good luck to Dominic and his team!

Thanks Stan, they’re going to need it.

Race cars are neither beautiful nor ugly. They become beautiful when they win.

Thanks for having us Stan. It was a good time.

I will try and keep my cars together next time!

Zack

Always a great time at Stans.  I enjoyed the food, the company, the cars, even the mysterious deslotters.  I know I could get more laps out of them with one more run.  Their quirks have been exposed.

"Big Smooth"