Re: NASTE Odd Thursday Night Racing Rules & Current Thread

Yes the 917 is legal for the class in question.  I ran mine.

"Big Smooth"

I had a great time as well! Happy to loan out some cars it made for a fun race!

Zack

Does anyone know what we are racing next week?

Zack

F1 (Polycar)
Can Am
BRM Group C
Open

"Big Smooth"

docdoom wrote:

Looks like I going need a can am car.....or run the 917 again and hope I don't have to run next a big ass car again...

Doc, I a couple cars you are welcome to run. My Alfa 33/3 is pretty skippy. I will get yours thrown back together but it certainly won't be fast!

Zack

Fantastic racing last night at Al's Rippin' Ridin' Raceway! Although I only stuck around for one race I had a great time! I was totally unprepared to race but Zack loaned me his F1 Polycar and controller to compete in the F1 race. I gotta say Zack is the man to beat in this class! His car handles beautifully! Nice job Zack and thanks for lending me your equipment!

The racing in the F1 class was extremely close, except for Zack killing us for the win! Here's the results from the night of racing:

http://www.naste.org/members/bill/RRR72519f1.jpg

Can Am Race Results:

http://www.naste.org/members/bill/RRR72519canam.jpg

Open Class Results:

http://www.naste.org/members/bill/RRR72519open.jpg

Well my Thunderslot M6 was still running 5.9-6.0's after the racing was over, so I don't think they are quite on that level Doc. They were however some of the most fun heats I have had there, running door to door with you for over a minute was awesome!

I was pretty worried I was going to get my butt kicked by one of you guys, especially Rico, He was on fire with that car!

Great time as usual, Al is always a gracious host.

Thanks for the race report Bill!

Zack

Thanks to Al for hosting Thursdays, it's always a good time and another round of thanks to Zack for his tuning abilities on my CanAm car. Congrats to him for winning and super stoked it took a record run by him to beat me.

Rico

Race cars are neither beautiful nor ugly. They become beautiful when they win.

Race results from the August 1st Odd Thursday Night Race:

http://www.naste.org/members/bill/RRRaug12019a.jpg

http://www.naste.org/members/bill/RRRaug12019b.jpg

http://www.naste.org/members/bill/RRRaug12019c.jpg

http://www.naste.org/members/bill/RRRaug12019d.jpg

Somebody clean the screen!

"Big Smooth"

That dirt is on the inside of my camera lens on my phone

Didn’t you just get a new phone Al?

Actually that would make it a cheap Dirt Phone.............

It's a free phone . My buddy got a new one because the camera was screwed up on this one. It will do for now. Thanks to Zack for organizing the race and driving us to Tacoma for a fun day! Congrats Stan!

Stan and his partner won over all.

I was very fortunate to be paired with Pat Clifton ("Cartnick" on the message boards), one of the best of the Washington racers. I raced with him once before in one of the pre-24 hour races in Tacoma, and we finished 3rd, so this was an improvement. It also helped that we raced one of Al's brilliantly prepared Porsches in the Group C race (we finished 2nd). All in all, we finished 3rd once, second once, and first in 3 of the races that were run. It was a great time (for me, especially—I hope others enjoyed it as well), and was something I hope we can repeat. The Tacoma tracks are a lot of fun. It just made me nostalgic for the fun (?) of the 24-hour race in November...anybody interested? It will happen on Nov. 8-10 this year.

I had a great time at the race as well. Even though I didn't have too much luck in the racing portion. I think everything turned out to be pretty equal in both cars and teams.

Stan really drove well in the Trans am and Mini car portion of the day, which helped them secure the overall win!

It was also nice to hear how well praised our club group C cars were, everyone enjoyed racing them. Except Rico, he was the only one who got a raw deal on that race, but drove well in all the others!

I have a couple pics I will try and get up here in a while!

Zack

1,343 (edited by reek455 August 5, 2019 5:58 pm)

I got beat by my own car, of course I was part of my own undoing

stumbley wrote:

It just made me nostalgic for the fun (?) of the 24-hour race in November...anybody interested? It will happen on Nov. 8-10 this year.

I am committing to attend and will field a team.  Even if it's just Stan and me.

Seriously.

...and congrats to Stan as well!  Way to represent!

Thanks, everybody! Good news, Chris...I think with the caliber of drivers that we have here in Oregon, we should be real contenders in the 24-hour. Looking forward to November!

I was sorry to miss the event.  It would be nice to see a team at the 24 hour event.

"Big Smooth"

Not at all Doc.  In the past years we have had a few Washingtonians run on our team.  You'll fit right in.

"Big Smooth"

Doc, we need your steady hand and expertise! The more the merrier, and I have no doubt we have equal or better drivers than any other team we can expect. That being said, Alan will likely be his usual, unpredictable and frustrating self (we got hand-out tires for the BRM Trans-Am and Mini race without any forewarning), but as long as we expect to be frustrated, things should be okay.

I am in for the 24.......

Stand, I agree he is sometimes frustrating with rule changes and such. But you have admit the cars ran very equally across the board with those tires in play!

Zack