Topic: Policar 330 P4....

Well I got my hands on one of these before they hit most sites.

Definitely some weird things going on with Scalextric being the distributor.

Things to look out for.....

1-There are set screws in the motor mount holes, to help keep the motor in position. I almost broke the pod trying to get the motor out before I realized they were there. I have no idea why they didn't just put regular screws in there....

2-They have full threaded screws in the pod mounting holes from the factory, so even when you back them out you basically have no pod float. I replaced them with the normal slot.it partially threaded screws and it is much better, but still tighter than the gt40.

3-It comes with a 23k like most of the GT40.

4-It came with all the front axle height hardware which is awesome, but out of the box the guide was maybe 3mm in the slot. The front tires are so large that even adjusted up the tires hit the body before the guide is fully seated. They pretty much must be turned to work properly.

5-Plastic rear wheels as with all Policar.

6-The Ferrari logos are just covered by stickers on the sides because of licensing, and the front one is under the number tampo, so I won't be unearthing that......

All said though, it is the exact same guide to rear axle length as the gt40. It is 2mm wider on the same wheels, and .5mm lower. The body is also extremely light at only 13.6g. Will be awesome to have another horse in the race.

I think its going to be able to run with the GT40, I have mine completely prepped to test against mine on Thursday!

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/48127937741_5c997511d2_k.jpg

Zack

Re: Policar 330 P4....

I have one on order :-)

Race cars are neither beautiful nor ugly. They become beautiful when they win.