Topic: 2019 Portland Adult Soapbox Derby - Need Volunteers for Scuderia Kouba

Hey NASTE gang,

We are once again putting on a full court press at the derby and need volunteers on the hill for the day.  We would like to put together a list of people who would be willing to work the event as volunteers for the team, and given the number of potential entries, that list should have at least 4 names on it.

In the past, we've had Al, Bill, Jeff, Rico, and a handful of Jeff's neighbors fulfill the role.  If you're up for a reprise, AWESOME!  If you're interested in finding out what it's like, drop them a line.

The date this year is August 17 and the time commit as a volunteer is long- I believe you're committed to it for the day, although I think there's an early shift and late shift opportunity.

Long story short, we can't do it without help.  If you're interested, please contact Jeff, Bill, or me.

Thanks in advance!
Chris

Re: 2019 Portland Adult Soapbox Derby - Need Volunteers for Scuderia Kouba

We managed to register a total of five teams this morning. Beau was standing in line for the registration process at 5:00am this morning. Al and I arrived at approximately 5:20am. We were numbers 15, 18, and 19 in line! Jeff and Jenny Burns arrived shortly after Al and I. Thanks to Beau and Al for helping me register three of the teams for this year's Scuderia Kouba assault!

LEDER-HOSERS w/The German-ator MKV #3
ABUKOTOO STABLE w/ABUKO 2 #39
SCUDERIA KOUBA w/MKVII #1

Re: 2019 Portland Adult Soapbox Derby - Need Volunteers for Scuderia Kouba

Tip of the hat to Bill, Beau, and Al for sacrificing their morning for the sake of the team!  Thanks gentlemen and well done!

Work has started on this year's new entry, the Mk VII, and we have some work to do on the Mk II to prep it for Bill.  We are in good shape though- knowing the Mk II can lay down good passes, with the Mk V returning to the hill, and the new Mk VII appearing to have comparable initial performance, we should be well-positioned through qualifying.

Thanks again for the team effort on registration!

Chris