1 (edited by docdoom March 30, 2019 11:02 am)

Topic: new era in racing

So we are mostly a anlog club. Most guys do not care for digtal for many reason the biggest thing over the years was that you have to buy a chip for what ever system you were running on. You could not build a car for scalextric and then run it a carrera track. Well that issue has been resolved with the new slot it chip. Wich will run on all three of the major systems only scx is ruled out. So with that said I would likely feelers out in starting a digital class were we could run at my place and montie. Maybe group c cars or gt1 lamans . Race formats would be endurance race of 45 min or so. So build one car and get some real racing in..

The secondnidator

Re: new era in racing

I'm one of those guys that doesn't care for digital racing. I have enough trouble with just throttle control and the lane change thing just detracts from the whole racing experience for me. When I have run in digital events I usually just stay in one lane unless I absolutely have to move into the other lane. I like to participate in 1/32, 1/24 and even HO races, so I just don't need yet another fraction in my hobby. I think digital is great for those that enjoy it, but I have so many different events I want to attend this coming year, I just don't see being able to add anymore. Thanks for the invite Doc, but I'm going to have to pass.

Yes.  I'm up for it.

"Big Smooth"

Besides the 1/32 scale cars that I now refuse to count I almost have cars for Howies covered. Now to build cars for Bill's track unless the Howie cars can pull double duty.

I even kept all of the HO cars just in case someone ever wanted run those as a class.

What's one more car? you guys pick what you want to race and I'll cobble something together.

I say group c car inline stock 21k motor and the new chip. Should be very easy install.

The secondnidator

I can fix you guys up with Group C cars.

7 (edited by docdoom March 30, 2019 1:30 pm)

Keep that up we will be calling you our  doctor feal good.

The secondnidator