Topic: IROC January 19, 2019

I have an IROC race scheduled for 1/19/19. Since the IROC is supposed to be equal cars on all lanes, that pre-supposes that the host has cars to match. Unfortunately, I don't have 4 equal cars in ANY class; is there someone who could provide the proper runners for my 1/19 race?

(I could provide 4 "mostly-equal" Artin cars, but they might not be too much fun at this stage; need new tires.)

Re: IROC January 19, 2019

I can supply cars.  Stop by some time before then and you can have some choices.

"Big Smooth"

I can also probably come up with four similar cars, however since we all run all of the cars they don't really have to be that close, we spend our time in the super cars and we all get to spend equal time in the lemons too. What flavor of cars interest you?

4 (edited by Mitch58 December 1, 2018 12:32 pm)

What do you want to race Stan?  I can come up with four similar Slot Its, Flys, or other cars like we race on Thursdays, Or I could bring four vintage 1960s Revells with aluminum chassis, or a mix of original brass chassid Monograms and Strombeckers.
There are also come Ninco classics Jag XK120s or the smaller ones 356s and Ferrari 186. If your lane spacing is at least 3 1/4" I have some 1/24 revell and Monograms. These all run well but might provide a small challenge to those used to running finely tuned Slot Its and NSRs.

There, that looks better. Seems like I spend most of my time editing since the stroke.

I don't necessarily have any "strong" desire for any type of car. I'd be happy with 4 that ran equally well together. So Flys, Slot-its, anything that's equal in performance is fine with me. We should probably race something with a fair ground clearance, as the track is still a little bumpy (though my Slot-It Mazda, which is as low as they go doesn't seem to ever have a problem. Go figure).

So whatever anybody thinks is fair is good for me.

Thanks for the offers!

Okay, Monte has loaned me some Slot-It Lancia Group C cars that seem to run well on the track. I will be setting up everything prior to Saturday.
We do have guests in our upstairs apartment on that day, so I'm asking those who come to the race to park as close to our alternate gate as possible and to avoid parking under the apartment deck, as that's where guests usually park. If we can keep the noise down, that would help too. There will be chili and sodas again, so food will be provided.

Just a note to those who are coming to the IROC race —

Since it's been cold and rainy, I bought a couple of propane heaters to warm up the shop. They work really well with the shop door closed. So today, when you arrive, please enter through the door under the deck to the left of the orange bench. That door leads to a bedroom that's connected to the bathroom/laundry room where the refrigerator with the sodas and water is. From there you can enter the shop. That way, the large roll-up door stays closed and heat doesn't escape. I was able to test the cars yesterday with the heaters on, and could walk around in shirtsleeves, so the heaters work pretty well.

Just remember that our gate code is 1956# and that the gate opens toward you. Looking forward to some good racing!

Stan, I apologize again for having this track move scheduled for the day of your race, but I just need to get it done ASAP. I'm really going to miss this race because I was looking forward to checking out your track. Hopefully I will be able to make it next time.
=======Bill

We will miss you Bill, and I'm sorry I couldn't be there to help you move. I know it's a big chore (it sure was moving my track from sunny Cali...)

Too Bad Bill. It is a nice track. Thanks Stan I tried to come the last time but something came up at the last minute, I'm glad I made it tonight. Congrats to Monte and Tracy on theirs respective wins. I won a couple of heats which is fun in itself. Looking forward to the next one.