Re: NASTE 2018 Point Series Championship

He may just want to sit on his back porch and just stare at all of his new wood.

27 (edited by docdoom January 22, 2018 7:28 pm)

that was yoda speaking

The secondnidator

Does Dobby need socks?

"Big Smooth"

My wood is MASSIVE, I can't help but stare Mitch!

Oh yeah Doc, that little green guy with the funny ears! I remember now!

Monte, who the hell is Dobby?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHPSY3QrgnI

"Big Smooth"

He is an ugly little goomer! At least Yoda is cute!

Official Results - NASTE 2018 Point Series Championship Race No.4 @ Rippin' Ridin' Raceway

LeMans Class

1st Jeff  70.5 Laps - 10 pts.
2nd Chris  70.4 - 9 pts.
3rd Daniel  68.5 - 8 pts.
4th Mitch  68.2 - 7 pts.
5th Al  68.0 - 6 pts.
6th Greg  66.4 - 5 pts.
7th Fernando  64.1 - 4 pts.
8th Jake  61.6 - 3 pts.
9th Chris Hammet  57.8 - 2 pts.
10th Terry Redeau  52.2 - 1 pt.

Standings After 4 Races

1st Daniel 25 Points
2nd tie Al 20 pts.
3rd Jeff Fields 19 pts.
4th Chris 16 pts.
5th Mitch 15 pts.
6th Rico 13 pts.
7th Greg 12 pts.
8th Gary 9 pts.
9th Fernando 6 pts.
10th Monte 5 pts.
11th Jeff Burns 4 pts.
12th tie Chris Hammett 3 pts.
12th tie Jake 3 pts.
12th tie Stan 3 pts.
15th Amy 2 pts.
16th tie Victoria 1 pts.
16th tie Terry Redeau 1 pt.

Totals Corrected 2/4/'18 wb0s

wb0s wrote:

My wood is MASSIVE, I can't help but stare Mitch!

Oh yeah Doc, that little green guy with the funny ears! I remember now!

Monte, who the hell is Dobby?

For wood lasting more than 3 hours see a doctor.

The secondnidator

UT OH Doc, I thought it was four hours.

OHHHHHHHH.....HOURS..........I thought it was minutes!!!!

Well mitch.you might be right.is that what your bottle says on it

The secondnidator

37 (edited by Mitch58 January 23, 2018 8:28 pm)

No, I just listen to the leaglease during the commercials. I even read the fine print on everything, because that might where they hide the interesting stuff.

Yeah, the legalese is always interesting; often the side effects are worse than the problem the medication is meant to solve!

Official Results - NASTE 2018 Point Series Championship Race No.5 @ Rippin' Ridin' Raceway

Classic Sports Car Div.I

1 Chris K.    69.9 Laps - 11 points
2 Daniel    64.8 - 10 pts.
3 Al    63.8 - 9 pts.
4 Stan    63.3 - 8 pts.
5 Mitch    63.0 - 7pts.
6 Gary    62.8 - 6 pts.
7 Rico    61.6 - 5 pts.
8 Monte    60.0 - 4 pts.
9 Jake   59.0- 3 pts.
10 Jeff F.    58.9 - 2 pts.
11 Nicki    48.8 - 1 pt.

Standings After 5 Races

1st Daniel 35 Points
2nd Al 29 pts.
3rd Chris K. 27 pts.
4th Mitch 22 pts.
5th tie Jeff Fields 21 pts.
6th Rico 18 pts.
7th Gary 15 pts.
8th Greg 12 pts.
9th Stan 11 pts.
10th Monte 9 pts.
11th tie Fernando 6 pts.
11th tie Jake 6 pts.
13th Jeff Burns 4 pts.
14th Chris Hammett 3 pts.
15th Amy 2 pts.
16th tie Victoria 1 pt.
16th tie Nicki 1 pt.

Totals Corrected 2/4/'18 wb0s

Official Results - NASTE 2018 Point Series Championship Race No.6 @ Rippin' Ridin' Raceway

- No Championship Points Awarded for this Race

1 Chris  77.2 Laps - 6.439 fastest lap
2 Al  77.2  - 6.611 fastest lap
3 Mitch  75.7
4 Greg  75.0
5 Jeff F.  72.8
6 Daniel  72.1
7 Bill  68.0
8 Terry R.  60.4
9 Victoria  60.3
10 Rico  55.3
11 Monte  47.3
12 Gary  42.9

Standings After 6 Races

1st Daniel 35 Points
2nd Al 29 pts.
3rd Chris K. 27 pts.
4th Mitch 22 pts.
5th Jeff Fields 21 pts.
6th Rico 18 pts.
7th Gary 15 pts.
8th Greg 12 pts.
9th Stan 11 pts.
10th Monte 9 pts.
11th tie Fernando 6 pts.
11th tie Jake 6 pts.
13th Jeff Burns 4 pts.
14th Chris Hammett 3 pts.
15th Amy 2 pts.
16th tie Victoria 1 pt.
16th tie Nicki 1 pt.

Totals Corrected & Verified 2/4/'18 wb0s

41 (edited by docdoom February 2, 2018 10:30 am)

Well that just blows.I got thunder struck last night. had one small off and still got spanked.That was big big big case of the have and the have not. Called it before the race even started that it was going to end bad for those that didn't have one.should of been addressed before we ran the points race.just my two cents

The secondnidator

Just for clarification, this is Rule #8 under NASTE Odd Thursday Night Racing - GENERAL RULES:

8. Rules are subject to change and/or modifications. However no rule changes will be implemented at the start of a race. All rule changes or modifications will be implemented at the end of the current race date, and updated on the NASTE website within 48 hours. Rules must be in print to be enforced (if it ain't written down in the rules, it ain't official!).

There has been discussions regarding various rule changes since the time before the demolition of TooBad Motorplex and my move to Vancouver. At this point no decisions have been finalized regarding changes. I am suggesting we have a meeting at the next Odd Thursday Night race. We can hold the meeting between the first race and the point series race if that's OK with Al. I will bring a printed copy of the conversations that have taken place here on the forum for further discussion. Please make notes of any ideas or suggestions you may have so we can get these long overdue rule changes completed!

=======Bill

Also for further clarification in regards to where we are currently standing with the legality of the NSR cars, this is listed under the  Class 2 - GT rules:
"Any enclosed cockpit (car must be of roofed - coupe or sedan design), and full fendered car is legal for this class. Motors are limited to those developing no more than 21,500 RPM (this is based on the Slot.It orange endbell motors being the upper limit of performance - refer to the NASTE Motor List for Oregon Rally Championship) Motor List

*NSR & Racer brand exclusions removed 7/3/17"
Class Sponsor - Bill Bostic

This is stated in the Class 7 - Can Am Rules:
"Cars to replicate an actual race car (body) in the classes listed below. May use body from 60's (eldon, revell, strombecker etc) to
present. Color of car and number used is optional.
  No "Vanquish" or "NSR" brand RTR slot cars allowed."

And this:"Chassis rules: Allowed; Plastic (RTR), resin, brass, chassis for resin scratch built and RTR modified/scratch built slot cars, Set screw     wheels, gears, axle blanks, motor pods etc.
     No "NSR" "chassis plates" allowed.
     Allowed; to add ballast to slot cars."

Class Sponsors - Gary Goose Gossett & Greg Greenman Petrolati

These are the only places in the rules where there are any NSR restrictions listed. Most of us get rusty on what the rules actually state because we don't read through them often enough. I propose before the start of each race we read through the rules aloud that apply to the class being raced to keep us all current on the actual regulations and restrictions for each class. It shouldn't take more than just a couple minutes to do and can be done while the race director is setting the grid for the next race. It will give us a chance to discuss any vagueness or possibility for a rule change or interpretation. I think this would also help the new racers get a better idea of what we are racing and what they can and need to do to their cars to make them competitive. I will print off copies of the rules for each class we have and give them to Al at the next race. This way we will have a written copy on site at Al's track for reference.

========Bill

I'm all for having a meeting on the next Odd Thursday. I'd like to point out that Thunderslots are legal under the current Can Am rules as they are in GT. At the last point series race for GT the 1st, 2nd, and Third  places were all Thunderslots two of which were the same car ( Monte's). It seems to be a bit unfair to change the rules mid season after races have been run with certain cars.
                                                                                                                      Al

I agree Al. Generally speaking we have not made rule changes mid-season of point series races.

I know that the thunderslot cars were determined legal  to run in can am class but under the sprite of competition  we should of had a discussion with it being a point race and all. That's  all I was trying to put across

The secondnidator

I understand Doc, but the conversation really should have taken place well before the point race. There is nothing I hate worse than last minute changes to rules just before a race starts. That is totally unfair and ridiculous for competitors that have prepared for the race. That's why we have a rule against last minute rule changes, and why it is important for racers to voice their objections or issues with any particular rule as soon as the issue presents itself. We also need to work quicker to decide on remedies or changes to rules to correct issues. We are pretty good about "talking" about issues and rule changes, but we definitely could improve our ability to make decisions in regard to initiating and implementing the changes.

It;s all cool. I put my best foot forward and ran my best with what i was dealt... you going to The Mont's on Sunday?

The secondnidator

Your Slot.it McLaren was dialed and you did a great job of driving it. However as you stated the Slot.it cars appear to be no match for the Thunderslots.

I'm not sure if I will be able to make it to Monte's Sunday. Lots going on tomorrow on the shop so I may have some catch up stuff to get done before Monday's inspection. Check with me Saturday evening and I can let you know for sure.

ok will do.

The secondnidator