Topic: Tires drying up?

by howie » Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:37 am

Here is a cure for keeping tires from drying out: During the off season and anytime that a car is going to sit for awhile, I take the rear tires off and put them in a zip lock bag and put them in the freezer in the garage. I also do that with the tires that are in stock to be sold.

Re: Tires drying up?

The previous posts to this topic were copied over from the Northwest True Scale Racers site with Howie's permission. The NTSR site is scheduled to close down at the end of this year. I will be copying over as much of the great information posted there as possible in the next few months.  =====Bill

Re: Tires drying up?

wb0s wrote:

by howie » Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:37 am

Here is a cure for keeping tires from drying out: During the off season and anytime that a car is going to sit for awhile, I take the rear tires off and put them in a zip lock bag and put them in the freezer in the garage. I also do that with the tires that are in stock to be sold.

That appears to be a good solution .... and cheap.  For years I have been applying Zip Grip tire conditioner and tossing the set of tires in tire bottles. I label the plastic lids so I know whats in there. The ZG is also adds tire traction ... if that is what you need.