Topic: Close proximity at Too Bad Motorplex. 3-27-2014.

by howie » Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:17 am

1/24th. BRM's on the track built mainly for 1/32nd. cars. I had to be convinced that this was possible even though I was told by Bill that this actually worked and was a lot of fun. Well it does work and it is a lot of fun!

http://www.naste.org/members/bill/TooBad327a.jpg

Re: Close proximity at Too Bad Motorplex. 3-27-2014.

by wb0s » Fri Mar 28, 2014 1:11 pm

Looks like plenty of room between those cars, must be at least a quarter of an inch!!!

Thanks for makin' it out last night Howie. Hope you enjoyed the racing! ---------------Bill

by howie » Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:21 pm

I always enjoy it at Too Bad Motorplex. I need to get a handle on those 1/32nd. cars. I was amazed at how those 1/24th. 962's handled your track, a lot of paint was exchanged, but the cars pretty much held the course without de-slotting even though they were "leaning" on each other a lot. It was fun. I looked into the 962's today. I really appreciate the fact that you loaned me one, I thought it handled very good, way better than either of my 1/32nd. cars!

by wb0s » Sat Mar 29, 2014 10:59 am

It really is amazing how well those cars work on my track. I think are two key factors that make the cars suitable for my track; 1. The lower speeds of the cars due to the low 10 volt power. 2. The fact the course is pretty tight so they can't build up a lot of speed. I'll be the first to admit, when Chris Kouba first suggested we race the 1/24 BRMs on my track I did not think they were going to work out. But he made me a believer! Goose Gossett and I made a trip out to Chris' house in Oregon City to run give his 3 lane track a run with the BRMs. Chris' track in his basement was even shorter and tighter than mine, but even on his little track the BRMs were a gas! Speaking of tracks at Chris' house, he is in the process of building a new track as part of his basement remodel! I can't wait!

I'd like to thank Chris for not only introducing us to the 1/24 BRM cars, but for also providing us with cars to run an IROC format at TooBad Motorplex on Odd Thursdays!

The previous posts to this topic were copied over from the Northwest True Scale Racers site with Howie's permission. The NTSR site is scheduled to close down at the end of this year. I will be copying over as much of the great information posted there as possible in the next few months.  =====Bill