Topic: super 16D motors

by racerbob9 » Fri Sep 05, 2014 9:49 pm

I want to throw this out there for consideration. At the Doubleheader at Spare Time Raceway, We were given the option of running a Kelly or Proslot sealed 16D motor. The performance was about the same as a Deathstar, but they had Gold dust brushes, Better springs and the end play was consistent. The arms are balanced Chinese arms. These motors cost almost the same as a Deathstar. These motors are also available as sealed Super 16Ds. and retail for about 15 dollars at PCH parts express. I am sure we can get them cheaper through the club. This could be a cost cutting measure if they run even longer than the Parma Supers. Just looking for some feedback on this idea.

Racerbob

Re: super 16D motors

y howie » Sun Sep 07, 2014 8:04 pm

Bob; set one up in a car, let's see how it runs. If it is equal to a Deathstar, it will be a hard sell, few racers in our area like them. Frankly, I like the path we have been taking, one motor to choose from and cheap at that!. I have several seasons on most of my Parma motors.

Re: super 16D motors

The previous posts to this topic were copied over from the Northwest True Scale Racers site with Howie's permission. The NTSR site is scheduled to close down at the end of this year. I will be copying over as much of the great information posted there as possible in the next few months.  =====Bill