Topic: What's up?

by howie » Thu Apr 30, 2015 9:45 pm

Thanks to Bill Bostic for finding a chassis to compete along with the Scholer. This is the Sloting Plus SP800001. This chassis looks like a direct copy of the Sholer only made out if stainless steel and looks like an improved motor mount and good coolant holes already in the chassis. $49.95 from Porfessor Motor. I have added this chassis to the NWTSR rules.

SP800001-2T

http://www.naste.org/members/bill/WhatUpa.jpg

Re: What's up?

by howie » Thu Apr 30, 2015 9:52 pm

I would like to thank Bill Bostic and Monte Saager for helping to get the new Home page up and running, I really like the new look. I will add and subtract pictures and news as races and events take place.

by howie » Thu Apr 30, 2015 10:00 pm

During the off season there will be a Can-Am chassis building session. So far we have 6 people who have shown interest. No date has been set yet.
Beau is getting a motor/rear axle and a front axle assembly together for the build to add to your parts or you can build it with your parts only.
Can-Am could become just an open chassis for the future ( 2016 season and beyond ) as not many are running a Scholer any more.

by howie » Sat May 02, 2015 12:25 pm

Coming up on the last race of the season ( May 9 ) will be a discussion and a vote on whether to switch from hard bodies to Lexan for GT-1. Also it has been suggested that if we do make the switch, to combine the 962's and GT-1's into one class, maybe call it GT-3. If so, it would take effect right after the race to give racers the summer to get prepared.
Pattos Place has a lot of GT-3 cars.
Any feedback?

by beaufrazier » Wed May 06, 2015 10:43 pm

Looking forward to the possibility of running the GT3 style bodies. There are about fourteen different marks available at Patto's Place. Decals are plentiful and also available. Do a search on the internet for photos of 2014 FIA GT3 race cars to get an idea of the types and styles. I will bring some bodies to the next race for everyone to check out. See you then......Bea

by howie » Sun May 10, 2015 9:40 am

Changes for the 2016 season that was voted on at the last race of the season, May 9 2015:
1. Voted to do away with GT-1 as the hard bodies are getting expensive. Replace GT-1 with GT-3. Basically you can replace the GT-1 body for the GT-3 body on the same chassis. Rules for GT-3 will be added to the rules page soon.
2. GT-3 is a Lexan (PETG) clear body. Pattos place has about 14 bodies available, $9.00. Decals are $14.00. Beau has a few bodies and decals available for sale if any one wants to get a head start. Check out the bodies on Pattos place under "New bodies" GT-3.
Beau and I are going to get together and measure the tracking of the bodies, the widest one will be the tracking rules for all of the bodies.
3. Motors: It was voted on to replace the Parma sealed S16D with the Pro Slot sealed S16D, about $15.00. The Pro Slot will be phased in with the new GT-3 class for the 2016 season. All the rest of the classes will have the same motor as before.
4. After a couple ties, finally two classes came out ahead to be the points classes for 2016. They are: Can-Am and Early Modified. Thanks to all who took the time to vote. We will run all the classes next season. I am thinking about putting on the schedule three classes each race night. If so I will write up a schedule so everyone will know what we are running on race night

by howie » Sat May 16, 2015 11:14 pm

All the GT-3 bodies from Pattos Place are listed on the Rules page under GT-3. If you want to know what the car looks like, Google it.

by howie » Tue Jul 07, 2015 5:13 pm

Racing schedule for 2016 is on the Calender page.
Rules for GT-3 are pretty much complete. Remember the GT-3 can run the Pro Slot S16D. All of the rules are in the Classes/Rules page.
I have scheduled the Indy cars for the last two races of the season, I am hoping they will be a success!

by howie » Wed Jul 08, 2015 12:36 pm

A new chassis has been added to the rules: Scaleauto SC8002c. Beau found this chassis ( Porfessor Motor ) and it is very much like the Scholer.

by howie » Wed Jul 15, 2015 10:08 am

Beau's 10 new laser cut Can-Am chassis are sold out. If he gets a request for more he will have more made.

by howie » Sun Jul 26, 2015 8:24 am

Beau has the Can-Am chassis in hand. When the calendar clears up ( Hot August Nights etc. ) then we will schedule a chassis building session.

by howie » Tue Aug 18, 2015 8:53 am

The chassis building session for the new Can-Am chassis by Beau is not going to be much of a chassis building as it will be an "add your own running gear session". Beau is soldering up all the chassis. I checked out the chassis he has already soldered together and they are really nice and has some very impressive features on them. You will need tires, motor, guide flag, wires, gears, axles. Date for the "assembly" coming as soon as he completes all of the chassis.

by howie » Sat Aug 22, 2015 10:24 pm

Here is the latest on the Beau Can-Am chassis: Beau is soldering the chassis together and will hand them out at the Rapid 500 on Oct. 3rd.

by howie » Thu Oct 08, 2015 3:18 pm

Beau did an excellent job on this chassis. He soldered 10 of these chassis together and presented them at the Rapid 500 race. I am in the process of getting one together to try out at the Oct. 17th. race. A BIG round of THANKS to Beau. He only charged $45.00 for this chassis, that is a one time deal. If anyone else wants one, the price will go much higher depending if he solders it or you do.

http://www.naste.org/members/bill/WhatUpb.jpg

by beaufrazier » Sat Oct 10, 2015 9:00 am

Thanks Howie! I hope everyone who bought one will find a great running chassis to add to their collection. I would love any and all feedback on the chassis to help make improvements if needed. I'm considering offering kits @ parts of this design in the future. The next plan is to use this same design for a true scale Nascar . Stay tuned.....Beau

by wb0s » Mon Oct 12, 2015 9:25 am

Thanks Beau for the chassis, it is BEAUTIFUL! I'll be working on mine today!

by howie » Sun Nov 15, 2015 10:33 am

At last nights race ( Nov. 14 ) we had a discussion and took a vote and decided to incorporate the Pro Slot motor into an additional class, effective immediately. The two classes that can run either a Parma S16D sealed or a Pro Slot PS 2001 or the PS2003 motor is the new GT-3 and the TA2. A few guys who have GT-3's ready to go tested them last night with the Pro Slot motor and they are great looking cars and quite impressive on the track.

by howie » Wed Nov 18, 2015 11:33 am

Beings we are going to use Pro Slot PS2001 or PS2003 in GT-3 and TA2 starting this season ( 2016 ) I need to address an issue that I just found out about: on some of the motors the gear side/mounting side are not flat to the motor bracket. I heard it has happened to a racer who paid for the blue printed motor also! I do not have a Pro Slot motor yet. One of the solutions is to take the motor apart ( the NWTSR rules allow for the removal of the seal ). Remove the arm and tighten the motor against the motor bracket, thus flattening the surface or flatten the surface using a gear installer or a small clamp and clamp it until the surface is flat. I am sure there are other methods that racers will use. Reinstall the arm and check the end play and hopefully you are good to go!

by howie » Sat Jan 16, 2016 9:45 am

I received an e-mail from Marty who found this site. It is a class called Super Modified. Should we add this class to our racing schedule next season?
I was thinking if we did add this class, we could use the Pro Slot motor and use this chassis as a spec class.
Web site: http://www.nymodifieds.com. If you want to check out the chassis: http://www.jkproducts.com and type in: modified chassis, then at the bottom of the page click on modified cars.

This is the $25.00 chassis from JKProducts.

http://www.naste.org/members/bill/WhatUpc.jpg

This body has the wing and side motor. The rear and front Pro Track tires are the same as we are using for NASCAR rears etc. We could use the front tires we are currently using for NASCAR also to make things cheaper and easier.

http://www.naste.org/members/bill/WhatUpd.jpg

Some bodies, this is only one page out of ten!

http://www.naste.org/members/bill/WhatUpe.jpg

by howie » Wed Feb 03, 2016 11:42 am

I am considering a change next season ( 2017 ). Here is what I have in mind: Still have the points races on Saturdays with the backup race to be a consistent class. So it would be a points race with whatever is voted in and then for the second race of the night, keep the same class all the way through the first half of the season. Then the next half of the season a points race for whatever is voted in with another consistent second race. I think that would make it easier on everybody. Then once a month have a race on a weeknight going through two times racing different classes each time. Perhaps have a different night of the week each month. That way we can get to some of our classes that are not on the Saturday schedule.

by howie » Sun Feb 07, 2016 2:11 pm

Marty, Beau and I had a discussion after the race last night. Talking about the Super Modified class and Indy or F1 class. We all three committed to building each. Stay tuned.

by howie » Fri Feb 26, 2016 8:42 am

The "News" page is now active. News items will be added and subtracted as news comes and goes.

by wb0s » Fri Feb 26, 2016 2:15 pm

Lookin' good Howie!

by howie » Thu Apr 07, 2016 8:28 am

Check out the new Lexan bodies on the News Page. These bodies are .030" thick and not a flaw in them! These bodies are supplied by Bill. I grabbed one and will post pictures on the Projects page when I get started. These bodies should be strong and able to last longer than a .010" or .020" body. He is currently charging $6.00 for them, a very good deal if you ask me!

by wb0s » Thu Apr 07, 2016 8:48 am

Yes, these new bodies by Team Bluegroove are very nice!

I only have a couple of each available at this introductory price of $6.00! Bodies at this price are limited to just a very few as a Team Bluegroove promotion!

All of the bodies are available from Team Bluegroove at their Ebay store here: http://stores.ebay.com/TEAM-BLUEGROOVE? ... 7675.l2563