Re: This is the Can Am page.

Here is my newest: Ferrari 350 that is almost ready to go. I did a little change to a Beau made chassis and we will see how it works at this Saturday's race.

Picture coming soon, when Bill gets the time.

Thanks Bill !!

http://www.naste.org/members/bill/howiecanamA1.jpg
You're welcome Howie!

It's a beauty Howie!

Nice car! I can’t make it this Saturday. The wife and daughter have plans for “us” and I would be wise to go with them without a fight. Lol

Results of the race of 2-22-'20:

1.....Zack............................442 laps.
2.....Ted..............................405
3.....Gearloose...................398
4.....Rico.............................379
5.....Mitch...........................376
6.....Beau...........................344
7.....Terry............................321
8.....Scott...........................308
9.....Oggie..........................304
10...Marty...........................275
11...BIll..............................234
12...Howie....DQ

That was a strange feeling leaving Howie's with my name in first place. I knew a few of the guys would beat me, it was just a question of how many. Still I am thrilled with 4th. It was nice not having any trouble for once.

Race cars are neither beautiful nor ugly. They become beautiful when they win.

Here's some video from the Can Am race yesterday:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07zFI9L6KJ0

reek455 wrote:

That was a strange feeling leaving Howie's with my name in first place. I knew a few of the guys would beat me, it was just a question of how many. Still I am thrilled with 4th. It was nice not having any trouble for once.

That was a great run Rico!

Zack

What about yours? Pretty awesome I'd say.

I gave you the lap you missed Rico. It is always a + if a racer can go a whole race with out any troubles, you did well.

It was soooo good to get out and race again. Thanks Howie. I think we were all quite rusty in our driving abilities, but still had a great time

well bugger. I hope these means Al thinking about opening up is lovely track to us soon....

The secondnidator

Thanks for coming Rico and to all who came to race, it was a good time. Rusty? Yea I had to oil my trigger finger it was squeaking so bad!!

Race report will be coming tomorrow.

Race results of the Can-Am race of May 2, 2020.

1......Zack..............................421 laps.
     2......DC Dynamo...................420
     3......John..............................394
     4......Howie...........................386
     5......Gearloose.....................373
     6......Rico...............................373
     7......Terry..............................371
     8......Beau.............................364
     9......Ted................................342
     10....Oggie............................324
     11....Scott.............................320
     12....Stew Meat.....................DQ.

http://www.naste.org/members/bill/RAPIDRCWY2a.jpg

Sure glad you held this CanAm race and 12 people showed up!  I felt a need to be there,  as who knows when the next CA race is going to be now that we are entering the off season and CA may not be voted in for a few years? Gobs of fun and glad I was able to be a part of it. Now my 4 cars will have to go into some kind of cryogenic preservation mode.

It was a great race. Thanks for making the drive Dennis I enjoyed the battle!

Zack

Dennis, here is the way the vote rules are: We always vote on what two classes are to be run next. The two classes that have just run like the Can-Am and the Early Modified are ineligible for the next vote which would be the start of the 2021 season. However they will be eligible for the second half of the coming season. So they have a chance to be voted in before years go by.

Here is a pic I took of my Can Am machine at the end of the last race. In front of the Rapid Raceway banner!

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/49861127391_64547a1742_k.jpg

So that’s what the front of it looks like

Nice job Zack, that's a beautiful car! Awesome photo too!

We missed you Bill ....stayed home due to C-19?

howie wrote:

Dennis, here is the way the vote rules are: We always vote on what two classes are to be run next. The two classes that have just run like the Can-Am and the Early Modified are ineligible for the next vote which would be the start of the 2021 season. However they will be eligible for the second half of the coming season. So they have a chance to be voted in before years go by.

You got a good system there Howie.  I'm removing all race tires off all cars right now .. and noticed the tire diameter on my CanAm is now .920" AFTER the race. Too big!  With 4 cars, it's harder to manage all details. Still happy though and had fun.

reek455 wrote:

So that’s what the front of it looks like

Hahaha thanks Rico. You did very well in the Can Am portion of the season!

Zack

Thanks Dennis, I missed racing with you guys as well!

This virus thing, the social distancing, and self lockdown is a pretty sensitive subject here at my place. Diane does not bug me about it at all, but I know she has anxiety over it, and when I leave it makes her uncomfortable. She is so go about my slot car "habit" I don't feel like giving her any unneeded stress over my slot car activities. I figure there will be plenty of race time once this is all over. On the other hand being locked down has provided me with a lot more time for going through boxes of stuff in the shop. I really needed to clear up some space before I started into my track renovations. I am making good progress and once I'm done with the sorting and organizing I will be started on track updates.

99 (edited by dc dynamo May 6, 2020 2:35 pm)

Wanabgts wrote:

It was a great race. Thanks for making the drive Dennis I enjoyed the battle!

Zack

I also like a good friendly hard fought battle ... win, lose or draw. Lot more fun that way .... when it comes down to one extra driver error.  Still surprised you got the old Champion flexi to go fast. Maybe,  just maybe Bill will have a CanAm race too in the near future?? If so, more fun awaits.

Here's some teaser shots of Beau's new Can Am Matra!

http://www.naste.org/members/bill/IMG_3950RR.jpg

http://www.naste.org/members/bill/IMG_3951RR.jpg

http://www.naste.org/members/bill/IMG_3952RR.jpg