Topic: The Path Forward

I'm now ready to entertain the discussion on the format for next year's NASTE Saturday race series.  I'm hoping to continue the familiar IROC series while adding a few special events.  These special events could be either Saturday or Sunday.  There could be a series prize(s) or they could just be singular events with nothing to link them together save for the familiarity of the entrants.

This series could evolve to be many things, but you should tell me what you would like.

For those that are interested in hosting events please respond as such and we'll add you(s) to the list.  At some point we'll evolve to a schedule.  Maybe even a concept.

Speak!

Here's our intended schedule with most of the dates being on the second Saturday of each month.  If we have more hosts than dates we'll expand the schedule:

September 18: Slots n' Brauts - Jacquelin Park, Hillsboro

October 29: Halloween - Rapid Raceway, Portland

November 12: Al Christensen - Rippin' Ridin' Raceway, Portland

December 10:

January 14: Bill Bostic - Too Bad Motorplex, Fairview

February 11: Saagers - Penguin Point, Hillsboro

March 11: Dorothy and Terry - Hammer Time Speedway, Portland

April 8: Bob Nakamura - The Gorge Raceway, Troutdale

May 13: Rico Locati - Autumn Hills, Milwaukie

Unassigned Host list:

"Big Smooth"

Re: The Path Forward

I don't oft enter this forum, but here's my two cents' worth.

The weekend NASTE races should be laid back, stress free fun. A nice afternoon with family and friends. The races should be IROC, maybe with a twist or a theme. No points, no trophies, maybe announce the top 3 and the "most improved" or whatever the host may wish to recognize.

I've got this idea for a triathalon. Three races on analog, three races on Wii MarioCart, three races on digital. Doesn't that sound like fun?

I'm okay with a mix of Saturdays and Sundays, but prefer Saturdays. Doors open no sooner than noon or 1 p.m. Once a month seems like enough to me, taking a few months off.

At our current NASTE races, most folks usually bring some food item to share, but the host provides a meal and hospitality. I'd be in favor of adding to that a $ per person hospitality contribution. Then there's the host cars provided for IROC. Should the host be compensated? Should the IROC cars be owned by NASTE?

Hopefully there are enough of us with tracks who can host the NASTE social series. Monte won't call it that, but I will. This really is just for fun. If those of us who want to play this game will step up, we can put together a schedule for the upcoming series.

Zen Racer

Many views and no comments.

It's possible at this rate the social season will commence and end on September 18.

"Big Smooth"

Nah, I'll be social, I'm just here for the fun anyway, because the pay stinks.

Sounds like the next NASTE IROC will be Sept. 18 at Jacquelin Park in Hillsboro. What's the date for the next one and who is hosting?

Zen Racer

I didn't see this thread till tonight. We will host at least one race. I would like to think that every track owner in the group would host a race for the fun of it. We have a great group of people here that enjoy getting together and slapping little cars around. Monte, maybe you should check with the other track owners as they may not have seen this either.

Thanks Terry.

I'll be contacting track owners more directly here real soon.  Consider yourself on the list.

"Big Smooth"

I'll host one.

2016-17 NASTE-ROC 2nd Saturday Series
http://naste.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=805

Zen Racer

Hey Monte,
I will host a race. As I have read the posts, I also enjoy the IROC format with fun being the goal. I also believe, as a track owner,  would definitely be willing to pitch in funds to help with car wear and tear. Look forward to racing with everyone again.

Bob N.

Thanks Bob.  I'm going to update the first post with the intended schedule.  Interested hosts should pick an open date from the list and be sure to let us know so we can update the list.

And thank you!

"Big Smooth"

Hey Smooth,

Can I have the January 14 date?

Yes.

"Big Smooth"

Put me down for May 13 please

Race cars are neither beautiful nor ugly. They become beautiful when they win.

Yours.  Thanks.

"Big Smooth"

I'll take could take Nov 12

Yours Al, thanks.

"Big Smooth"

Monte, we will go with the March 11th race. Day before Dorothy's birthday so we can make it a party! The April weekend is the big swap meet Bill, Bryan and I set up at. We're usually done with it by Saturday anyway as we set up Wednesday.

Thanks.  It's yours.  Sounds like a party.

"Big Smooth"

Monte,
I will take the April 8th slot if it is still available.

You got it, thanks Bob.

"Big Smooth"

Saagers will host February 11 at Penguin Point. (No First Sunday race in February.)

Zen Racer

Who's in town for the race at Al's on the 12th?

We should be there.

25 (edited by Mitch58 November 1, 2016 4:38 am)

I had considered running up to Tacoma on Saturday to check out the Enduro and Al talked about going with me. This will no doubt change that, so I'll probably be there too.