1 (edited by ckouba May 30, 2016 4:09 pm)

Topic: BRM classics at Too Bad

Bill can formalize this later but I wanted to get this on the table.  Bill and I were talking recently and it appears that we are migrating slowly toward a critical mass to start running the BRM classics (917's and 512's) on Odd Thursdays.  Between the two of us, we came up with 6 or 7 of us who have them in our possession. 

The intent is not to displace any of the other classes, especially after a large number of people have taken the BRM Gp C plunge and had the class take root- so the objective isn't to put that class (or any others) aside.  The intent of this posting is to make sure those who have them start bringing them to play.  I'll let Bill figure out how to actually schedule it on any given Odd Thurs (last, first, in the middle of all the other classes...).

So, with that said, grab your shelf queen and bring it out to scuff it up.  I'm definitely IN!

Chris

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/OzMnwL5KakHj6qx3prpawxQYfEsR4BzBLCNXu6anVG60YGAlIgBxXemdn_aRxyCA9-6ppDgJbbNwSjGOrVoOzqWSmU_iBJqXh_Yx5LS6d4uw14HmkTKcC7hgk9W94WhxhaEXQVDdGOB7eFSMJGFUyL9S0MmLzPHV6RnYcEcBY3kIWMQ3HEzkIBmGz_DEuTZ1bTDMUX04f8sYYW3J0SUti6Z8U-9BgQGV_g5uvlSaDiLjqJwHVJ4y2ssJ9YLpyb_KLzxdMXfly-U8Jy5c_kiGr4puhagAlWbLWLl5qZeOp4sQAxD97ps734k-1ywQmthrNhz5aKF9K2dmjKrA2iEsZwke2dxMvdAi1H5QvWq-nM0eEcuIyEXkOjXXpFNuSViJQ2KzEO19wZrVKp46y1TFofcuw6D3HCU8SK9TDg3gkMvTJCNwKIO0GkHzGmFeFslz5CWUK8RWUP0xHlu8KufkFWkKQxPP3v8_OCEfbjI-P8wtStXLxBRywfaVtlki2vT1ZWiZKEZQZtNYyHYQqfbr9IK7tWcN-3BnrRfdbjIz_DLKxrE_gZN0kq9L2p69G8vaVM56HcGb7-O_k6ztIuynkmmquq9fEPJ1=w615-h346-no

Let's play by the "box stock" BRM rules like the Gp C class and see where we go from there (stock tires, motor, wheels, etc).  Actual rules are posted somewhere on SCI if you're interested.  We will aim to fall within those as the end goal.

Re: BRM classics at Too Bad

917 and 512.  Anything else?  Like to be able to use the McLaren now and then.

"Big Smooth"

I'd be happy to get mine out too.  They are clearly not of the same era but I bet they'd probably go just as well and I'd rather see more cars out there than fewer, so sure- for now- BRM GT's are welcome as well (McLaren F1 & 911 GT1).  The more the merrier!

So I can include my 512 in this class?

stumbley wrote:

So I can include my 512 in this class?

You mean like this, Stan?

ckouba wrote:

...Bill and I were talking recently and it appears that we are migrating slowly toward a critical mass to start running the BRM classics (917's and 512's) on Odd Thursdays...

So yeah, sure!

(Actually, I just edited my original post.  I had mentioned the 917 & 512 initially but apparently deleted it)

I suppose we could run a split class with both GT and Classics.  Run one of the other.  A piece of cake compared to the F1 classes.

"Big Smooth"

Just a reminder for those who have them- bring your BRM Classic (917 or 512) or your BRM GT (McLaren F1 or 911 GT1) to Too Bad starting this week.  We will see if we can fill a grid and get a race off the ground.  Plastic chassis w/pink motors, aly chassis with black motors are fine although one may be better suited to the voltage/track layout. 

For rules, let's play by the box stock rules for now (including traction magnet).  True the (stock) tires, set your guide pressure, ride height and spring tension, fluff your braids, float your body, and go racing...

See you there!

Chris