Topic: Urethane Tires

Monte and I have been at work making urethane tires. To date we have tested some of our first tires mounted on carrera AC Cobras at the Jacquelin Park digital enduro. Our tires completed over 1000 laps on each car in over 3 hours of continuous run time. We are pleased to announce we will have some prototype tires available for sale at the Odd Thursday Race this week. We are asking $2.00 a pair for these first release tires, with the hope we will receive feedback on their performance. Our tires are not beautiful, but they are functional! At this time our inventory is limited! Here's the list of tires we currently have available:

Ninco Classic molded from Jaguar XK120
Slot.it McLaren M8D
Carrera AC Cobra
Carrera Ferrari 512BB
Slot.it Group C Porsche 962
Carrera DTM
Carrera Porsche 917 Coupe
Scalextric Trans Am
Carrera Torino Stock Car
MRRC Porsche 911
Scalextric MGB
Scalextric Cooper F1
Revell Trabant
Reprotech Fiat & Abarth
Carrera D Jaguar

2 (edited by kidvolt April 18, 2016 8:44 am)

Re: Urethane Tires

Monte and I are pleased to announce we have increased our inventory as well as the list of tires we now make. Although we have over 400 tires now in our inventory, some of the more popular pairs are somewhat limited in quantity due to the fact we make tires to fit over 30 different types of cars,. But fear not, we are just getting started and will have even more tires within the next 3 weeks! We are also still interested in knowing what types of cars we should be adding to our list for future tire molds!

Here's the list of replacement urethane tires we now make:

Carrera Ferrari 512BB
Carrera AC Cobra
Carrera Porsche 917 Coupe
Carrera DTM
Carrera Stock Car - Torino
Carrera D Jag
Carrera 1/24 Corvette Grand Sport
Fly Porsche 906
Fly Ford GT40 MKI
Fly Ford GT40 MKII
Fly Ferrari GTO
Fly Porsche 908/3
Fly Porsche 917
Le Mans Miniatures (these tires come out with weather checked/cracked sidewalls)
MRRC Porsche 910
MRRC Porsche 911
Ninco Classic - Jaguar XK120
Revell Trabant
Reprotech Fiat
Reprotech Fiat Abarth
Revell Cobra GT
Revell Lola T70
Racer fronts for wire wheels
Racer rears for wire wheels
Slot.it McLaren M8D
Slot.it Group C Porsche 962
Scalextric Trans Am '69 Camaro
Scalextric Trans Am Slick
Scalextric MGB
Scalextric Cooper Climax Vintage F1
Scalextric McLaren M23
Scalextric Ford GT40
Vintage 1/32 Revell
Vintage 1/32 Eldon
Vintage 1/24 Classic
Vintage 1/32 for flanged wheels

Yes, these tires are wonderful.  Grip is great!

Bill and I will be putting up a web site to retail tires.  However members should just contact us directly as ya'll will get our best price.

And if there's something you need don't hesitate to bring us new tires, we're always looking to expand the inventory.

We suggest tires be glued and trued as always for best performance.

"Big Smooth"

You guys rock!!

Race cars are neither beautiful nor ugly. They become beautiful when they win.

or is that roll?  Tires do roll....

Hey!  Get a grip.

"Big Smooth"

Smooth, you are slick!............

And you sir are... moldy

HEY!  Is that an OLD guy referrence???

Don't tread on me, old man.

No really, it was mold as in tire mold.

You are one fart smeller!!!

I'd like to see tires for the Fly Lola T70 and Ferrari 512S. Nice to see that you have such an extensive list. That's good pneus! (Thought I'd throw in a little French...)

Don't you tire of this endless banter?

I thought for the most part all of the Fly classics took the same tire?

And you guys are pretty good at retreading this tire(d) puns.

Rico, yeah, that's my thought as well. I think the Fly classics are pretty much the same. But it's nice to see Monte and Bill hoping to PLY their trade, radial or otherwise...

I'm seeing a pattern here...

"Big Smooth"

Re: Fly tires, my 906 has 10mm tires, the newer Porsches and T70s have wider tires, the 250GTO has a tall tire on an odd size wheel. I don't know about the others.

The Fly's seem to be all over the place with their sizes.  It does seem like every marque had their specific size.  I think I have some T70 tires but will have to confirm...

Bill & Monte,
Took some of your tires home and put them on a few cars. They are wonderful, great job. My only regret is that I didn't get more while I was there. I just installed them with out any sanding and they are wonderfully round and smooth, the compound you used has excellent grip on my old Strombecker track. I'll try them on Al's track on Thursday, speaking of Thursday, bring them with you and I'll get some for my Slot it GT cars.

Thanks Mitch. We're still learning, but the tires are coming out better with every new run. We have figured some things out for sure!

I'll have the tires with me at Al's race.

Hey guys, we just finished pounding out 10 more molds. Here's some tires we have coming soon!

In 1/32: Slot.it Alfa 33, Scalextric Eagle, Scalextric Lotus 72D, Revell/Monogram Mustang GT350, Scalextric Ferrari 250GTO, Scalextric Lotus 49, Slot.it Chaparral 2E, Vanquish Lola 260, wide rears for the vintage Revell and Eldon small diameter wheels, and rears for CB Design 15x10 wheels.

In 1/24 we're adding: BRM Porsche 962, vintage Cox Ford GT40, and 6 other misc. rears including some to fit K&B wheels.

In HO scale: TycoTurbohopper 4X4, Aurora A/FX 4 gear wide rears, and Aurora A/FX 4 gear narrow rears.

We should have these available at the next Odd Thursday Race at Al's.

Newest molds are done!

First run of the NEW tires is out!

Thanks to Monte we now have a website for our tires! You can buy online and pay with Paypal or use a credit card through Paypal.

CLUB MEMBERS - you need to buy directly from us to get the club's discount.

Here's our website, take a look and let us know what you think. It is still somewhat of a work it progress with more to come, but it is up and running!

http://bosatires.com/#

WOw!  That there website is clearly NOT Bill's handiwork!  Looks great gents, but I'm glad to see the effort went into tires which work well first and then the slick website later.

Looks great!

CK