Topic: Mitch: what are you building

You have been very quite here, you must be putting some projects together so how about sharing them with us.

Re: Mitch: what are you building

Not too much to race. I've put together two Artin Nascars with 10k motors and magnets, and I'm working on governors for two Parma Economy controllors so the grandsons aged three and five can run wide open around the track without them screaming for grandpa to put the car back on the track.
  I did change out the motor in my Racer Maserati with a Scale Auto ball bearing motor. It's not as fast as my Slot-it, but it is a lot more fun.  It was already smooth, but a little slow on the longer straights.

On the Racer Maserati which rpm/motor did you install? And what class are you going to run the car in?

4 (edited by Mitch58 May 30, 2015 10:24 am)

20k the same that was in it. I don't know if I'll race it. The resin body is so much heavier than the plastic I don't think it would be competitive. But I haven't put it on a larger track yet, so who knows? It's faster than it was, but slower than my Ninco Corvette and Slot it GT40. It sure is smooth though.

Post's attachments

IMG_20150530_103212917.jpg 1.17 mb, 1 downloads since 2015-05-30 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

5 (edited by Mitch58 May 30, 2015 10:26 am)

Oh and I made some very positive changes to this...

Post's attachments

IMG_20150530_103150507.jpg 1.11 mb, file has never been downloaded. 

Hey that cooper looks cool! I assume you took the magnet out, and i imagine with the wider tires it handles good. Are the rear tires Paul Gage? They look like they are a lot wider than the stock width tires. I see lots of neat cars in the background. I bet it is fun running those cars on you're older plastic track. Did you say you are using the factory transformer, if so you really need to upgrade to a adjustable power system so you can turn it down for the grand kids and you will not need to modify the controllers.

Oh, I will eventually, but right now I can rig the controllers for less than a dollar. The economy controllers have a couple of holes in the handle and I'll just stick a small nut and bolt through them. They will figure it out sometime, but right now it seems to be too much fun watching Grandpa run from one end of the track to the other to marshal cars.

It's finally here

http://i361.photobucket.com/albums/oo56/reek455/IMG_6671_zpsgt9qowvz.jpg

Race cars are neither beautiful nor ugly. They become beautiful when they win.

9 (edited by Goose June 3, 2015 5:04 pm)

We see it's here - show-off! tongue Well how well does it run? Is that you're plastic track you are on?

OOH, I like that a lot. Nice and bright.

I just set it down for the picture, I have not run it yet.  Next Thursday at Bill's for sure.  Is yours here yet? It had fewer miles to travel.

So this what my old Lowenbrau car is going to compete against? HHMMMM Thinking...    It looks fast just sitting there.

You're safe, it's definitely not a Gr.  C car so not legal to run in that class.

Yea Rico i do have mine. smile I am almost too afraid to race it, it is soooo neat looking.

15 (edited by kidvolt June 4, 2015 8:10 am)

Is there some plan to open up the BRM class?  Both my McLaren and 512M are listening.  And glad I went for the white kit.

Guess i should at least open it.  roll

"Big Smooth"

To my knowledge i do not know if we are going to run a class for these. I bought mine because i do have a 917 (now i need a alum chassis for it), and i just really like this particular Sunoco car. I wouldn't mind running the car as long as we are not tearing them up like our BRM Porsche 962/956 cars. Just my 1/2 cents. tongue

Not that I know of, but this car was just a must have for me as it's always been one of my favorites.

Neato, cross posting.

Reek: Are you not supposed to be working!  hmm

Maybe....

I'm working hard, er, hardly working.

22 (edited by Goose June 4, 2015 9:35 am)

Well Rico that's more positive than "maybe"! Hey guys i was thinking ( i know i shouldn't) about running the BRM 512's 917's & include (existing plastic chassis) same vintage years model car bodies mounted. How about, if we were to get more racers, creating a parallel class to existing BRM class, maybe called "BRM 24th Vintage" where we run the cars at a lower voltage (as crash & burn?), or just laps counted only (no fastest times included). This would not be about fastest laps, but total laps accumulated. What do you guys think?    roll

Goose, if your worried about tearing up your car, then for Pete's sake SLOW DOWN. Look how slow I am, I hardly break anything. Except for the occasional loose wheel.
  On another note I have a new Slot it Porsche sitting in my mailbox, I can just feel it.

lol lol lol lol Okay Mitch you got me there! lol lol lol lol

Which Porsche did you get, or are you getting out of the mail box?

25 (edited by Mitch58 June 4, 2015 4:13 pm)

I was right it was here, I didn't even take it downstairs first, I went straight into the garage pulled out the magnet spread out a little ballast then rummaged around in the tire bin. Now it's track ready and I've probably already put a mile or so on it on my track already.

Post's attachments

IMG_20150604_165044852.jpg 1.18 mb, file has never been downloaded.