Topic: Bills Eagle rebuild

Bill: How is the scaley eagle f-1 rebuild coming together?

Re: Bills Eagle rebuild

Slow. Just waitin' on tires..........

I might have an extra set, I'll try to remember to bring them.

Thanks Mitch. I'm hoping mine will be here this week. We aren't racing the vintage F1s this week so I have some time.

Good morning Bill: Did you find time to check and see if you had any/and or extra "Classic Industry's" 1/24 rear wheels? These where the wagon wheel style with six(?) spokes. We discussed this at the last Thursday night race. If you do not then i need to start looking harder on ebay for them.

Goose

Bill, I run mine every week still trying to get it right.  I think I have it smooth enough now, now I just need to learn to drive the darn thing.

Mitch - The first Scalextric F1 Eagle I had I only spent about 20 minutes prepping for race duty. Added some weight and did a little tire sanding on the Luff's urethane tires. That car was awesome! But then I traded it off. Big mistake. I purchased a replacement car and spent a few hours prepping it. Took time to do a better job of truing the rear tires and wheels. Glued in the rear axle bushings and performed the "super glue trick' to improve the axle to bushing tolerances. The car ran and handled like CRAP! So I ordered a new lower chassis and a new rear axle/wheel assembly. This time I'll just throw it together again and not over-think and try to "better-engineer" the thing!

Goose - Just got done looking around for Classic wheels. I did not find any! I thought for sure I probably had a bunch, but I sold a couple lots of 1/24 parts I didn't want awhile back on Ebay. The Classic wheels I had were probably in one of those lots because I never liked them! Sorry!