Topic: NASTE Race No.5 Autumn Hills

It was a terrific day of racing and eating at Rico's Autumn Hills! Thank you Rico and Kelly for the most excellent food and letting us run your cars on your track. I had a lot of fun!

http://www.naste.org/members/bill/IMG_8714.jpg

http://www.naste.org/members/bill/IMG_8702.jpg

Re: NASTE Race No.5 Autumn Hills

Thank you Kelly & Rico for the wonderful food spread you shared with me. Rico you made some great choice's of cars to run, i had a great time running them. Most fun had was just being around a great group of people, it also helps to have and share a common interest to have fun, in our case run slot cars and laugh with each other.  Til next race and more fun!

Goose

Thank you to all that came out and raced, I hope you all had as much fun racing as I did hosting/racing.  All thanks goes to Kelly for the food and as usual she went over the top.  As per usual the Hills created racing that was very close and there were a few shall we say spirited battles.  The Ninco Mercedes performed flawlessly, if not a little loose and the Fickle Fiats never seem to disappoint. Well except in Dorothy's case, it seemed to run fine after the race, go figure.  We call them fickle for good reason.

Regards
Rico

Race cars are neither beautiful nor ugly. They become beautiful when they win.

I LOVE THE FICKLE FIATS!!!!

They fickled in my favor this time, instead of fickling me over!!!!!

Always a great time to be had at the Hills.  And of course, the weirder the cars, the happier I am.  I don't know why, must be the rally driver in me.

Thanks to Rico and Kelly.  The food was wonderful.  The garage was warm.  And the racing fun.  A perfect day.

"Big Smooth"

Thanks for a great day of racing Rico. Even getting Fickled by the Fiats. tongue
Kelly put on a fantastic spread as usual. She never disappoints with her culinary expertise.
It was great chatting with everyone and the UpWords games were terrific Victoria.
Here are the pictures I took. Sorry, but I completely forgot to take video. Must have had too much fun at the game table. smile

http://s737.photobucket.com/user/SlotCa … 207%202014

Rico and Kelly really make us feel welcome. It's always fun to race on this track no matter how bad I do, and there is always great food to make me forget my driving errors. Congrats to the Big Smooth on his win (I think he knows this track a little better than most) and congrats to Thomas, too. He's been to three races and won them all. Maybe Flyin' Jr. should be his new name. tongue

" Maybe Flyin' Jr. should be his new name", or maybe just Piper Cub???

Piper Cub.  Too Funny!

"Big Smooth"

Have y'all checked out the posted finish results for this race?

I don't think it could have been any closer!!!!

Thanks for posting Monte!!!

Old Thread different year.
Thanks to Rico and his family for having us out for another race. I had a great time . Your new tape worked great, the cars power line was smooth and consistent all the way around the track.

YES, it was an excellent and fun race! I love those Puntas!!!!

Thanks Rico & Kelly!!!!

13 (edited by reek455 April 18, 2016 8:55 am)

Thank you to everyone that came out and raced yesterday.  I was a bit worried about traction issues early on but the track eventually rubbered in and the racing was back to normal with the Hills providing some close and exciting action.  Once again the Fiats proved they are up to the task and really are a blast to race.  Some cars are always difficult to race and only the most experienced can get a handle on them but the Fiats just love to be pushed hard and it's just so easy to do.  At one point I think Bryan had all four wheels off the track but somehow managed not to deslot. I'm with Bill and love the Punto's too or was that Punta's?

I originally had planned to run Revell Lola T-70 CanAm bodies with Slot.it GT-40 chassis but I ran out of time to finish the second car, so the Fly Porsche GT-1's were pressed into service.  They proved a little difficult for some but performed flawlessly.

I want to thank Kelly for laying out such a nice spread of food.  That pork went in the oven Saturday evening and cooked all night long. Smelling most delicious the whole time.

Thanks again to all that showed up, it was fun. 

Rico

Race cars are neither beautiful nor ugly. They become beautiful when they win.

Always a good time at the Hills and a well-done event thanks to Team Locati.  Nice to see AJ starting to fill out.  And let's not forget to mention the weather was excellent.

"Big Smooth"

Thanks Rico had a great time racing and thanks to Kelly for the great food  always a great time   great to see AJ

"Due to economic cutbacks,the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off"

Yes, thank you Rico for hosting a fine day of racing. As usual, Kelly fixed a fantastic meal for us to enjoy. Thanks too for ordering up that wonderful weather we had. It was great to see all of you there and I had a good time. Didn't take too many photos, but here are the ones I do have. Video later.

http://s737.photobucket.com/user/SlotCa … 017%202016

Thanks for the photos Dorothy!!!