Topic: Aeros Sports Hobbies Flyer

In the early eighties the local HO slot car club HORREO, HO Road Racing Enthusiasts of Oregon, set up a nice four lane  Aurora track in Aero's Hobbies. Aero's was located in what was then the Fred Meyer shopping center on southeast 122nd and Division.  From what I remember, HORREO held races there on Saturdays. This was one of the flyers they had posted.

Re: Aeros Sports Hobbies Flyer

I don't remember the racing or that Hobby shop, but I do remember Fred Meyer! That was THE shopping area for around here back in the day!

Yes it was! Aero's was a great hobby shop! The shop was crammed full of models, and he specialized in radio control airplanes.

4 (edited by howie April 25, 2014 8:02 pm)

Aero's  moved to Glisan street at about 178th. across from Albertsons. It closed down I am going to say about 10yrs. ago. The building is now a small grocery store after being a clothing store for a real short time. With Aero closing down, it is quite distance to a hobby shop as you all know!

I remember when Aero's was on Glisan. They got heavily into RC off road cars and trucks. They even had an outdoor dirt track next to their building and parking lot. Aero's was owned by an older gentleman by the name of Leon I believe. I had heard he had a keen interest in RC airplanes, hence the name Aero's Sports & Hobbies. I also heard he had quite a collection of old RC airplane gas engines. I believe he either sold the business or had someone take it over some time after he moved out to the location on Glisan. It seemed after he had left the shop it went down hill and finally closed altogether. Sad. At one time it was a great hobby shop!

That RC track was used for some big events. I remember driving past there on occasion and the event would draw a large amount of racers, so much so that the overflow parking would be over in Albertsons. I would stop and watch for awhile as I used to race RC cars ( gas powered on pavement ) and it was fun to watch. That track was maintained quite well during it's time.