1,601 (edited by Mitch58 May 15, 2021 4:41 am)

Re: NASTE Odd Thursday Night Racing Rules & Current Thread

The sound of the contact is still ringing in my ears.

docdoom wrote:
reek455 wrote:

Thanks again for another fun night of racing. Competition was close and fierce but largely clean.

I only got into Al once. That  off in the sweeper was all on him. There no video proof to say other wise.

1,602 (edited by docdoom May 15, 2021 9:13 am)

Mitch58 wrote:

The sound of the contact is still ringing in my ears.

docdoom wrote:
reek455 wrote:

Thanks again for another fun night of racing. Competition was close and fierce but largely clean.

I only got into Al once. That  off in the sweeper was all on him. There no video proof to say other wise.

No that ringing in your ears was from the 1989 greatful dead  concert that you had front roll tickets for.

The secondnidator

1,603 (edited by docdoom May 17, 2021 6:45 pm)

So a 50ish guy always wanted  a Corvett. so finally  things worked out and we finally got his dream car. so on his way  driving it home he wanted to see what it would. so on to the freeway we went. the car hit 55 with no problems so he gave it alttle more gas and he was doing 80. zippping in and out of traffic so he said what the hell gave it some gas now he doing a 100 when he looked up and saw flashing lights. so he pulled over and the officer walked up and said i been doing these job for years and have heard every story under the sun why there were speeding. if you can tel me one that I have not heard I will let you go with just a warning.
well the guy said my wife ran off with a state trooper and i though you were trying to return her.
the tropper said you have a good afternoon sir.

The secondnidator

Results from the May 27, 2021 race at Rippin' Ridin' Raceway:

http://www.naste.org/members/bill/IMG_0363RRR.jpg

http://www.naste.org/members/bill/IMG_0364RRR.jpg

Hey  Bill that classic you sold me was a great runner. Thanks again..

The secondnidator

You're welcome Doc, really glad it worked out!

Need to come over and find a thicker body to fit it. Thought I found on ebay only to discover it was not wide enough to fit the chassis.  So if anybody looking for  early chaparral  I have one for what I paid for it 10.00.

The secondnidator

I'm around most of the time Doc. Just give me a call!

We need to have a talk about cleaning up the classes we have set up for odd  Thursday night racing.
these are the ones  I think we should remove . one we never run them and the others have been replaced
Class 2 - GT / Replaced by the Sportscar Era classes 15 through 17
Class 5 - F1 replaced by F-1 (Polycar)
Class 10 - BRM Classics  when was the last time we ran it?
Class 11 - BRM GT
Class 13 - BRM Trans Am
Class 14 - USRRC
Class 18 - Open Class
drop the no Thunderslot rule
swap the Class 3 - BRM 1/24 Group C and Class 6 - Over 50 for  ever other  3rd race of he night on odd Thursday so these cars get more track time.

The secondnidator

I don't see any need to "remove" any of the classes. If they are not raced that's fine, but at some point in the future there may be a desire to fire up an old class again. For example since I now have a track that accommodate 1/24 cars I will probably bring back some of the "old" NASTE classes for 1/24 cars. I had to do some searching but, I found the old rules from when NASTE was first established. At that time we were racing all 1/24 scale cars. Finding the old rules saves me from writing new ones! As a rule NASTE has never thrown out old rules. They were either updated or if a particular class was not being raced the rules for that class were just "inactive". If there's interest I could put together a full list of rules, listing them on two separate sheets one for active and one for inactive. I would update the lists each season so everyone knew which classes were being raced and which weren't.

Short race break there be racing these Thursday..

The secondnidator

docdoom wrote:

...we never run them...
Class 10 - BRM Classics  when was the last time we ran it?
Class 11 - BRM GT
Class 13 - BRM Trans Am

So let's start running them!!

Instead of the Gp C (which we ran because pretty much everyone has one), lets rotate through them.  I know most of us have a 917 or 512 at this point, and I think the same can be said of the TA cars.  I think the modern GT cars are a little less prolific amongst our population, but I'm willing to commit to running them (all the classes) and sorting them out to run well on our turf.

I would love to get these cars into frequent rotation, especially the classics...

...said the guy who hasn't raced in over a year!

I will see you clowns this Thurs though.

if we race them I will get one. but I do not want to pay 150 on car that just sits.

The secondnidator

Calendar says it's a Gp C finale on Thurs.  We can run that or run a TA or Classic race.  Bring what you have and we can pick- or run them both/all.

Saw these on the other forum. might be something we may want to do also..
http://www.nsrslot.it/assets/events/202 … zione.html

The secondnidator

This is the background on it:

https://www.hrwforum.com/forum/-1-32-sc … 3-giveaway

The takeaway is we apply and if accepted, will receive 10 911 GT3's to run a 5 race, single marque series and publish the results to NSR and presumably, the rest of the world.  It appears that tuning/parts swapping is allowed but with NSR parts only.

I would venture that we should submit with Al as our representative for the group.  If he reads this before tonight, I'm sure he can confirm or pass.  Otherwise, we can all discuss this tonight.

Regardless, it sounds like a fun program if we get selected.

I would love it if NASTE were a part of this program. Unfortunately, I  won't be able to attend tonight (putting the finishing touches on the renovated Airbnb space—which is FINALLY DONE!!!!!), so my .02 will have to be in this message. The project turned out fantastically, and the track will be ready to race as soon as I replace the stuff that was damaged during construction (lap counter light bridge and some fencing).

Have a great race tonight!

Another fun night of hard fought, close racing last night at Al's. Al, thank you so much for allowing us to race, it's so good to have an outlet for fun again. It was also very good to see Mr. Kouba with a controller in his hand, he's always tough competition. Sorry the rest of you had to miss it.

Regards
Rico

Race cars are neither beautiful nor ugly. They become beautiful when they win.

Yes lmp was one tough battle.  Zack got me by one tenth at the end. We both had some deslots trying to push  to hard.

The secondnidator

1,620 (edited by reek455 June 4, 2021 2:05 pm)

docdoom wrote:

Yes lmp was one tough battle.  Zack got me by one tenth at the end. We both had some deslots trying to push  to hard.

Which one wasn’t?

Race cars are neither beautiful nor ugly. They become beautiful when they win.

Race results from the June 3rd, 2021 races:

http://www.naste.org/members/bill/image0RRR6321.jpeg

http://www.naste.org/members/bill/image1RRR6321.jpeg

http://www.naste.org/members/bill/image2RRR6321.jpeg

http://www.naste.org/members/bill/image3RRR6321.jpeg

1,622 (edited by ckouba June 5, 2021 8:48 am)

Yes indeed, good times and good racing.  Was fun to be back in the saddle again.

I will be making a more concerted effort to get out on Odd Thursdays but may be a while before you get sick of seeing me...  I also have some tuning to catch up on with all my cars not flowing a single electron in more than a year!

Thanks, as always, for hosting Al!

Also, we found out that Bill has given-eth a new nickname/racername to Zack- ProZack!  I think the shoe fits!

ckouba wrote:

This is the background on it:

https://www.hrwforum.com/forum/-1-32-sc … 3-giveaway

The takeaway is we apply and if accepted, will receive 10 911 GT3's to run a 5 race, single marque series and publish the results to NSR and presumably, the rest of the world.  It appears that tuning/parts swapping is allowed but with NSR parts only.

I would venture that we should submit with Al as our representative for the group.  If he reads this before tonight, I'm sure he can confirm or pass.  Otherwise, we can all discuss this tonight.

Regardless, it sounds like a fun program if we get selected.

So has any one of the track owners signed the club up on these great offer yet.

The secondnidator

Al get a new phone?

"Big Smooth"