Topic: Urethane Tires for Vintage 1/24 Slot Cars

I recently purchased some urethane replacement tires for some of my vintage 1/24 cars. I had a chance to test the tires out on Jeff Courtney's four lane 1/24 track in Portland. The urethane tires worked extremely well, much better than the rubber tires I have been using. They don't hook up quite as well as silicones (so you get better drift/slide out of them) but they hooked up much better than the rubber tires. I purchased mine from a dealer on Ebay. He's an excellent dealer with very positive feedback, and he answered my questions very quickly. He has direct replacement tires for most of the old popular brands (i.e. Cox, Russkit, AMT, etc.). He shipped the tires very quickly, and I had absolutely no problems! Check out his tires, here's his Ebay page:

http://myworld.ebay.com/paulgg132/& … 1423.l2754

Re: Urethane Tires for Vintage 1/24 Slot Cars

I just recently got a bunch of tires from him for my 1:32 cars and I can confirm what Bill says.

"Big Smooth"

I been buying from him for a while now and have always been happy.

Rico

Race cars are neither beautiful nor ugly. They become beautiful when they win.

I also have a couple of vintage 1/24th cars that are in need of rear tires. I've been very curious about their performance vs foam rubber and a glued surface. I personally would love to see us (PASER) get away from glue completely. Can the urethanes be run on a track that has had glue used on it? I've seen these tires made up in bright colors. Can you get them in black? I'm excited to hear they work so well. I'll check out that EBAY site....Beau

Beau, The tires I bought are black. I ran them on my car at Jeff's track where he runs foam tires and glue, and they worked very well. Jeff does not glue his track very heavily, so I am not sure how they would work on a heavily glued track. I'm not a big fan of using glue either. I like the cars when they are loose and harder to control. Plus the cars don't get so gummed up and filthy.   ---------Bill

I know what you mean, that track snot can be naste. No pun intended. I'm guessing the tire life is greatly increased with urethanes which would help with one of the biggest expenses. I'll be ordering a couple of sets...Beau