Topic: Enduro is Set for Jan 22, 2011

Hi all,
I am hosting an all day enduro at Marshall Field Raceway.  We have a new track layout and this sounds like a good idea for racers to get used to the track.  This way there should be no home track advantage???

Here are the details.

Cars:  Slot.it C Class cars (these are the ones we all have been buying, if not sure let me know, plus it is on my site: www.beavertonslotcarclub.com).  No magnets, no weights.  Stock motors, stock gears, only lightly sanding modifications on the older chassis to improve movement allowed.  Pretty simple, keep it stock all the way except for P6 tires.

Length of the Enduro:  We run 3 rounds of 40 minute heats x 4 lanes.  This is a total of about 5.5 hours of racing.  Depending on how many show up, we usually run 4 teams only.  Max on a team is 4 people, so we might end up going to more teams if more show up.  This would extend the 5.5 hours to longer as it is based on 4 teams. 

Process:  Each racer brings a car and then the team determines which car they want to race.  If a car breaks down, you can substitute it out for another car from the team's stable of cars.  We use the fuel management system for driver changes.  Track is set up so each driver gets about 5 minutes of racing.  Then the fuel runs out and you rotate in another driver.  All drivers should try and race an equal amount.  Team with the most laps wins.

Cost:  Free.  It is a potluck and when I have a count of racers, I usually assign which group brings what dishes, so we all don't bring the same thing.  If one wants to bring a dish and let's me know, no problem, we work it in.  If we want to have trophies or plaques or something, then I can find out what and how much, and the group splits the cost for that.

Time:  January 22, 2011.  Doors open at 11am,  Tech inspections are at 11:45am, racing starts at 12 noon and finishes when it finishes usually 6 to 7pm. 

I think that is about it.  I need a head count for planning, so if any are interested, let me know.  Thanks.

Randy Stumman
Beaverton, Oregon
Beaverton Slot Car Club.

Re: Enduro is Set for Jan 22, 2011

Thank you Randy and Myrna for putting on the Enduro this afternoon, I had a great time racing and enjoying everyone's company.  I ate so much, I had no need for dinner.  This looks like it's going to be a very fun, competitive class and I like the new lay out.

Thanks again
Rico

Race cars are neither beautiful nor ugly. They become beautiful when they win.

We had a great time too, thanks to team Stumman.  The food was great and like Rico, didn't even give a thought to dinner.  I enjoyed the track, the new layout is not only fun but seems to be free of some of the issues we've had in the past.

It should be a fun season.

"Big Smooth"

I agree, dinner was left-overs from the Enduro. A great, great race. And oh, so close. Each and every team member contributed to a great result. Four hours of racing and only a couple dozen laps decide who's first and last???? In my book, we were all winners!

The track is great! The cars are great! The drivers are great! This season promises to be one of the most competitive ever. EVAH! ;-)

no magnet, low-voltage racing is SOOOOOO much more fun than overloading on magnets. What did Byron's car pull at one time? 1500 grams? That's bout three pounds of down-force....

I'm looking forward to finding a car and finding my groove at Randy's...

Hope to see all y'all at the track.

George

--
"Get the shotgun, Martha. The herd needs a thinnin'." - Bucky Katt