Topic: Carrera Go cars on 1/32 track

I just bought 2 Carrera Nascar Go cars, to try on my Ninco track.  I still have visions of trying to form a slot car club here in Oakridge, and thought the 1/43 cars might be an option considering their a little more budget friendly. 

Anyway, I will try them out on my track, and report my thoughts.

Finishing second, isn't much better than finishing at all........  (I believe a David Pearson quote)

Re: Carrera Go cars on 1/32 track

Cool Mike. I haven't tried the 1/43 Carreras, but I have some 1/43 SCX cars and they work great. They are available at Target stores in pairs around here. They are a terrific buy! Let us know how the Carreras work!   --------Bill

Well, the good news.  I like the cars.

Bad news.  Though minor, both cars look identical, different paint and decal schemes, but the bodies are the same, even though one is marked as a Dodge, and the other a Chevrolet.

The major dissappointment however, was that they would not run on my Ninco track.  Which, I have pretty much decided to replace with something else, maybe Scalextric.  One problem is the slot width.  Even after dremeling out the width of my track slots some time ago, I still had to file down the guides on the Carrera Go cars.  And then, because Ninco rails are just above the track surface, and Ninco is so soft of a plastic, it rarely lays completely flat, the cars high centered on the rails in the turns!  After over an hour of trying to fuss with the cars to get them to run, I gave up.  Gave up on Ninco track anyway. 

Hopefully in a short while, with a new track, I can report again what I think of the cars.

Finishing second, isn't much better than finishing at all........  (I believe a David Pearson quote)

I don't think they will work on any of the other 1:32 scale plastic tracks without filing the guides.  Scaley is even worse.  The Carrera track has a wide slot and so their car guides are wider AND longer than others.  I gave away one of my Carrera's because the guide wouldn't fit in my Scaley slot.  I didn't feel like messing with the blade.  However, contact Dave Kennedy and ask him about replacement guides for other tracks.  I think he told me they were available.

Ya know, Carrera track is not a bad choice.  On the other hand, Bill has a TON of Scaley track and I'm sure he'd be glad to make some of that available to you for a reasonable price.

You really need to make a trip on up here.

"Big Smooth"

Thanks Monte.  Maybe my Carrera 1/43 idea wasn't a good one.  And maybe the SCX or Artin 1/43 cars would work, as far as guide width.  But I still have the rail issue, and the track not being perfectly flat.  Cars with lots of ground clearance are ok.  Just seems everything has to be too perfect with my track!

I'm sure I'm going to switch tracks, just not sure if I want to build one, or go with Scaley.

I'm hoping to come up Oct. 16th.

CascadeMike wrote:

I'm hoping to come up Oct. 16th.

Are you talking for the Naste Race?  Excellent news, if so and get ready to race some FAST 1/24 cars.

Rico

Race cars are neither beautiful nor ugly. They become beautiful when they win.

I think that's the one.  Though I've only raced 1/24 cars a couple of times.......... I might be a better spectator!

Jeff's track is pretty easy and we have ALL levels of drivers at Naste races, so dive right in.

Race cars are neither beautiful nor ugly. They become beautiful when they win.