Topic: Forming club, part two

Forming a slot car club in Oakridge is much harder than I had anticipated.  I ran an ad in Craigslist, plus an ad in the local weekly paper for two weeks.  Just one response, and they never returned my email. 

I suppose the percentage of the population interested in slot cars pretty much means it's a bigger city fit.  But I don't know how many times I've been told people in my town are looking for some form of entertainment in town.   

There is a Christmas holiday bazaar in a few weeks here in town, I was thinking about setting up a booth with my track and cars.  Just not sure how to entice adults, and not kids who just don't get the real idea behind slot car racing. 

If any of you have any thoughts or suggestions, I would sure like to hear them.

Thanks.

Finishing second, isn't much better than finishing at all........  (I believe a David Pearson quote)

Re: Forming club, part two

Where do you get your supplies (cars, track, etc) from? All online? If you have a local hobby store of any kind, put up flyers there. You might even entice some model railroaders. smile
Do you have adult friends or family? Invite them and when they have fun, tell them to bring a friend next time, or to pass on the word of a fun activity.
The bazaar booth is a good idea, but you're more likely to have piles of kids there while the parent(s) shop elsewhere. If you want adults as well, you'll need to START with adults, and then let them bring their kids (of a certain age min of your choosing) later. Any ideas you have are worth pursuing.

Re: Forming club, part two

Thanks for the suggestions.

Finishing second, isn't much better than finishing at all........  (I believe a David Pearson quote)