Topic: New track for NASTE 2009 race schedule.

Hi all,I own a track that the local Vancouver racers have been running on since just before Vancouver Speedway shut down about two years ago. We call it Cape Horn Speedway. I would like to offer it up for your organization to use in your 2009 race program. The track is located 12 miles east of Washougal on the Washington side of the river.

Track specifications:

60 ft, 6 lane Bowtie Red

SRT track controller

Independent lane control relays.

75 amp Rivergate Power Supply with 1F Bat Cap.

We run one event per month and July's event will be on the 20th. You are welcome to come up on the 20th.

Please let me know what you thing via my email or this forum. I'd post a picture if I new how hmm

Rick,

Rickbranum@gotsky.com

SkunkWorx at Cape Horn Speedway

Re: New track for NASTE 2009 race schedule.

Hello Rick, I think either one of our other members or I talked with you some time back. Anyway, I remember hearing about your track, I just failed to contact you. We would love to schedule a race on your track for our 2009 racing season. We usually start up sometime in September. I will plan on coming up for your race on the 20th and we can discuss it further. Would you mind emailing me your address and directions? My email address is; wb0s@hotmail.com   Thanks!  ---------------Bill

Hey there Rick.  Welcome to our site.  If you click on the [img]tag link below it will show you how to add an image.  If you do not have external web space somewhere to post the pictures, contact me directly and we'll get you all fixed up.  What sort of cars will you be running on the 20th?

"Big Smooth"

Thanks Kidvolt,

I emailed Bob two pdf files with pictures of the track and a set of rules we have been running and will be running for any non-NASTE event. For those we will run the NASTE rules of course. Like I told Bob in the email we will be running the GTR and Indy Car classes. The track will open at 2 PM for practice, tech inspection and qualifying at 4:30, GTR at 5:30 and Indy Car at 7 pm. The address of Cape Horn Speedway (my house) is:

431 Hoffman Road
Washougal, WA.

You can get directions on Google or MapQuest or get a copy from Bob. The specs for the GTR and Indy Car classes are listed below. Keep in mind that the GTR is a first for us so I will have some GTR painted bodies on hand.

IRL/Indy Car

Motors:

Here's pictures of the track - looks like a lot of fun!

http://www.naste.org/members/monte/red-bow-tie-1.jpg

http://www.naste.org/members/monte/red-bow-tie-2.jpg

"Big Smooth"

All, I my first post I mistated the date for the July Event. sad It will be on the 19th.

Hope to see you there! smile