Topic: Snow track impressions

Not sure if anyone else is using Ninco Snow Track, but thought I would share my thoughts about it if any one is curious.  When I first considered the snow track, I thought it might appear gimmicky.  But now that I have raced on it, I don't believe it is.  Though it wouldn't look realistic with Nascar racing, it might look realistic for Rally style racing.  For my track, it just adds some complexity to a pretty small track.

The snow track is very smooth finished, with a tiny burm on each side.  It is easy to get the car side ways, or even de-slot.  But with a little practice, we were both managing our cars through it with minimal problems.  I had thought about possibly scuffing the snow track some if they proved to be to difficult, but I don't have any intention of doing that now.

Wider, longer cars seem to handle the snow curves faster.  And since I just started racing on this track, I don't know what different types of tires might do performance wise. 

Accelerating out of the snow track rarely caused much problem.  Maybe we were slowing to the point that re-action time to accelerating was about the time we were leaving those sections.  Not sure.  Entering the snow curves was the critical point.  Seemed to me the cars would get sideways much more often when going to fast as compared to the normal curves where de-slotting was a bigger concern.  We deslotted off the normal track way more times per lap than we did on the snow curves.  I'm not saying de-slotting isn't hard to do on snow track, just seems when on the cutting edge of being in control, more likely on my track to deslot on the normal curves, and get to sideways on the snow curves.

Well, I hope I haven't bored you.  Other than the track not being real realistic, I think the snow tracks are a great addition to my track.  The physics of weight, speed, and slipperyness make for an interesting aspect to my track racing.

Finishing second, isn't much better than finishing at all........  (I believe a David Pearson quote)

Re: Snow track impressions

Thanks for the info Mike. Interesting stuff! I didn't realize the snow track sections were actually that different from the regular pieces.  ------------------------Bill