Topic: Forming a club

I hope to start a slot car club here in Oakridge, probably in the fall of this year.  I would like it to be a faily low budget affair.  Does anyone know of club rules I could use as a template for creating my own?  I've see some on the internet that are pretty detailed.  I would like just some basic rules for running pretty much "stock" cars, marshalling, and racing.  These would all be open for revision once the club is formed.

Thanks.

Finishing second, isn't much better than finishing at all........  (I believe a David Pearson quote)

2 (edited by reek455 July 16, 2009 9:45 am)

Re: Forming a club

Mike- In the past the Naste group has been running IROC style and each track owner supplied the cars and set the rules.  At BSCC (Beaverton Slot Car Club) we run two seasons a year, winter and summer.  Each one is run using a agreed upon style of car and rule set. You should be able to access the website from the links section here to get a peek at the current rules.  Once you get to the BSCC website, I believe the rules are under the link "other stuff".

Rico

Race cars are neither beautiful nor ugly. They become beautiful when they win.

Re: Forming a club

Thanks Rico.  The BSCC rules will give me a great starting point.

Finishing second, isn't much better than finishing at all........  (I believe a David Pearson quote)