Topic: Ninco track

I probably should have researched tracks a little better before buying mine.  Some slot guides perform poorly on Ninco track.  So instead of changing all the cars over to compatible guides, I carefully took a Dremel and ground the plastic sided edges of the slot.  The biggest problem with the slot width is where two tracks connect together.  I had read of using a coin dollar, or popsicle stick to force the width out a bit, but I think running the dremel carefully around the slots is a better permanent fix.  Now all the various cars run smoother.

Finishing second, isn't much better than finishing at all........  (I believe a David Pearson quote)

Re: Ninco track

Mike are you running digital or analog?

"Big Smooth"

I have analog.

Finishing second, isn't much better than finishing at all........  (I believe a David Pearson quote)

I finally had some racing time on my track.  A friend came over and we raced for several hours.  My dremeling of the track worked fine after a couple little spots were re-done.  The Carrerra Mustangs now run smooth on the track.  It was great to race, plus nice to start to learning where improvements are needed.  Adjustable power supply would be good.  Plus the track itself needs better support other than the bridge like column posts I have now.  The track is too flexible for just those.   

We raced both Artin Stockers, and Carrerra Mustangs.  The Mustangs were much faster, probably becuase of being better built and heavier.  Though the wider and longer wheel base seemed to help the Stockers through the snow curves better.  We were both impressed to how much of a drivers track it is, at least with the currrent car set-ups.  Also see the need for a lap timer instead of just a lap counter.

Mike, How about some pictures??????  -----------------Bill

6 (edited by CascadeMike July 13, 2009 6:39 pm)

I have some photos in the "Cascade Road Course" topic in this Track forum section, the ones dated 2-15-09.  The photos were just after I reconfigured the track to the current layout.

Hey Mike, I reviewed the photos...short memory on my part! Are you still running on the second layout pictured?

I'd like to hear more about your lift system for your track!   ------------------------Thanks!  -------------Bill

I am running the second layout pictured.  Since those photos, I did paint the black part of the track leading into the snow track white, tried to feather it some to make for more realistic looking transition from blacktop to snow.

My lift system is just a Harbor Freight winch attatched to a ceiling rafter.  Running the ropes to a center position does sacrifice alot of heighth.  I'm thinking of running cable to each corner, through a pulley, and then straight down to the track corner.  My garage is pretty small, and this would help with my space issues.