Topic: Old Gems

We all have them, hidden away in drawers and boxes. Those old "toy" cars that we used to race but seldom see the light of day any more.  There is still a bit of fun in these old cars
   I came across this old Ninco Mercedes CLK the other day and out of boredom started fussing around with it. One of the plastic wheels was broken and the original crown gear was badly worn. So It now has Ninco Prorace wheels, hardened axles and a 25T Slot It crown gear.
  I did all of the things I knew how to do with these old plastic chassis and it was pretty smooth with an NC2 doing decent lap times geared 9/25. I replaced the NC2 with a hotter Ninco motor and gained a 1/10th or so but I didn't like the way it came out of the corners. I put the NC2 back in with a 10T pinion. I kept the 1/10th but it is much happier leaving the corners.
  It is turning the exact same laptimes  (6.4) as a stock Slot It LMP car I have, But I probably can't do it for 25 laps in a row like I can with the Slot It.
  Anyway I managed to spend an entire 90-degree afternoon in the cool basement and didn't spend a dime.

http://www.naste.org/members/bill/mitch_clk.jpg

Post's attachments

292800057_10225370187816248_7299879491892586204_n.jpg 370.4 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

Re: Old Gems

Great stuff Mitch! Thanks for posting!

Re: Old Gems

Nice work!!

Race cars are neither beautiful nor ugly. They become beautiful when they win.