Topic: The Gorge Raceway 2.0

The Gorge Raceway is currently in a process of transformation of removing the plastic Scalextric track / table and replacing it with a 4 lane routed wood track which was previously known as Mile High Raceway. The changing over process will involve a complete reworking of the main room and the former storage room as well as flood damage repairs. The hope is to complete the work by mid-summer. A special thanks to those who were involved in the disassembly and moving of the track.

Re: The Gorge Raceway 2.0

Let me know if you need any help Bob, though I've retired I still know where  my carpentry tools are. I least I think I know where they are, most of them anyways.

Any pictures before the track was moved to your place?
Would love to see it.

As Mitch said...once I get done with my new house stuff, I too would be willing to lend a hand where needed.

Great to have another track close by!

Planning to add it to the track rotation for points racing?

Mile High Raceway has been successfully moved from Keiser to Troutdale, OR. The track has been reassembled and is now in the testing stage to work out any issues. The track will be renamed to The Gorge Raceway, but the roots of the track will be represented in signage and memories of those who have raced there. A special thank you to Paul Painter for all his help in the purchase and disassembly of the track. It was great to sit down and reflect on the roots of slot car racing in the Northwest and the pioneers who have paved the way to keep this sport alive today.
Looking forward to having racing return to The Gorge Raceway.

Bob

Very well stated Bob! Thank you for adding to the quality racing in the Northwest!

Let us know when you want help "rubbering" it in.