Topic: Professor's Enduro Series 2009 - Round 2

John has scheduled the next enduro for June 13.  It's a great time for anyone that hasn't been to one yet.  So let's get organized and head north on the 13th.  Any questions, just ask.  Thanks!

"Big Smooth"

Re: Professor's Enduro Series 2009 - Round 2

I started making progress on the new routed track to replace the Scalextric plastic track.

I'll keep you posted on things.

-John

Do we have any pictures?

"Big Smooth"

Monte- go to routed track section of SCI for pics.  It looks to be great racing with some elevation changes

Rico

Race cars are neither beautiful nor ugly. They become beautiful when they win.

I did see those.  Looks like it will be a great track.

"Big Smooth"

Thanks for the kind words guys.  I was able to get lane 1 running last night.  It was nice to see the track come to life. 

I hope some of you can make it up for the inaugral enduro in June.  You can keep up with my progress on SCI.

Take care,

John

-John

The June 13th Round 2 of the enduro series will feature Racer Daytona Prototypes

-John

Sounds like fun, they look great.  Are you running the stock motor?  And what is that?

"Big Smooth"

I'm planning on it!!!!  -------------------Bill

kidvolt wrote:

Sounds like fun, they look great.  Are you running the stock motor?  And what is that?

We will be running the stock motors what ever they are.   Anyone want to tell me what that is???

Hope to see you guys next month.

-John

11 (edited by reek455 May 12, 2009 5:17 pm)

I'm pretty sure it's standard Slot.it fare.  I found this pic on SCI
http://i361.photobucket.com/albums/oo56/reek455/PICT18251.jpg

Rico

Thanks Rico,

I couldn't remember what the car had in it.  They sure do run well but I guess that's no suprise since the drivetrain is Slot.It

-John

Ckikey and I would like to personally thank all of the racers who made the trip up to race with us today.  It was our pleasure to meet 6 new racers from the South.  We hope you all had as much fun as we did hosting the race.  We also hope you can race with us again in September.

Thanks again,

John

-John

Thank you John & Chrissy, and as always it was a great race and great fun!!!! Thanks for all the excellent pizzas as well!!!

And as Arnold would say...........We'll be back!!!!!  ----------------Bill

Wow, that was a day or two.  Get a rally stolen from us, get a new slot car track given to us and then get to spend a great day with good friends enjoying our hobby.  It was a lot of driving but the new track is tucked safely into the garage and it was a really great time.

John, your new track is super.  Way smoother than the old one and it must have been easier to drive too.  Why if only I could have smacked Tony once or twice...

Tell Derek and Chrissy thanks from Team Leader 2.  They did great.  Derek was just flying.  And anyone that can race and make all that food at the same time!  Amazing.

"Big Smooth"

At least you didn't get smacked by Tony.  Many thanks to John & Chrissy for hosting another great event.  Looking forward to September.

Rico

John, We are hooked Dude!!!! Our goal is to have more Oregon racers at your race than Washington!!!!

We have thrown down the gauntlet!!!

BRING ON SEPTEMBER!!!!  -------------------Bill

How did you guys like the Daytona Prototypes? Fast? Handling? Rugged? Would this be something for a NASTE IROC class?

George

--
"Get the shotgun, Martha. The herd needs a thinnin'." - Bucky Katt

I liked the cars George. They were fast, and the handling was good. I liked the Racer Ferrari 250LMs better, but they cost 3 times as much!!! Rugged......well we didn't break any! In fact they did not seem to have any issues that I noticed. As far as an IROC class one thing I always consider is cost. I think we could come up with something that handles just as well for less money. I think there are many Slot.It cars that would handle just as well for $20 to $25 less per car.  --------------------Bill

Bill,

I'm with you on the Daytona Prototypes.  They seemed to run fine but not quite like a Slot.It and I have no idea why.

On another note just wait til we divulge the cars for the next enduro.   

I'll keep you posted on that one.

-John

John, You have my attention!!!!......Can't hardly wait until the next enduro!!!  ---------------Bill