Topic: Questions about what to run

Santa was very good to my slot addiction this year; I have a LOT to spend on hobby related stuff.

I have a few questions on possible cars I'd like to have/do have but don't have "class legal" accoutrements.

1. I love the look of the Thunderslot McLaren Elva. As far as I can tell, it's only allowed to run in the "open" class. Is that true?
2. I love the Revo Slot Ueno Clinic McLaren. Does that run in the LMP class?
3. If I replace the motors in my Ninco classics with the H&R "Jackrabbit" (14K) motors, they're legal then?
4. Gears and tires can be replaced on Classic 1 cars, right? (as long as frame is solid and pods if any are glued)

Trying to ensure that I can run the cars I have without having to buy a bunch of new stuff. The $$ I got for Xmas will go to improving/making class legal the cars I already have.

Thanks for any info on the above.

Re: Questions about what to run

1. yes
2. yes
3 yes and 7mm tires.
4 yes\
Division I: This is a spec motor class. Division I cars will be required to use the H&R 14k motor only. Class is limited to cars replicating cars built and raced through 1964*. Chassis construction must be rigid with no separate articulating pieces such as hinged side pans, motor pods, or suspension type front axle mounts. Podded chassis will be allowed in Division I provided the chassis motor pod mounting screws are tightened AND the pod is permanently glued making the chassis compliant with the solid chassis rule. No movement or dampening is allowed between the main chassis piece and the motor pod. Eligible car's rear wheel width* and tire contact patch must be 7mm or less. The tire width set is that of Revell Classic cars, specifically the King Cobra and Porsche 904. Track width must be no wider than the car's body width, tire and wheel must be completely within the body wheel opening*. No portion of the tire/wheel shall be visible when viewed from above*. Bodies shall not be modified to increase front or rear track (no fender flares or widening of body
Class 17 - Sportscar Era Class - LMP Era (LMP)
LMP Era (LMP) - Full fendered sportscars from 1994 through current which ran in FIA, IMSA, or SCCA sanctioned events. Any motors (22k limit), tires, driveline configuration, or chassis material may be used. Bodies must be injection molded or resin cast and not vacuum molded. Thunderslot brand RTR cars are NOT eligible for this class, but their driveline components (wheels, axles, gears, tires) and guide assembly may be used for tuning.

The secondnidator

3 (edited by Mitch58 December 27, 2021 10:49 pm)

I have the Black Thunderslot Elva, fantastic running little car.

Most of the Classic Ninco cars already have 7mm tires, the only exception that comes to mind is if you have an unmolested XK120 Jag, many of them came with 8mm tires on the rear, however 7mm tires will fit on the rims without any modification.

As far as the Mclaren '93/'94 is the split.  If the car came out before '94 but was raced for several years like most privateer cars were then it would be legal for LMP as the rules are written. The F40 is an example of that. It appeared in '92 I believe but was competative for several years making it legal for both GFX & LMP.  The Marcos, Dodge Viper, the Porsche 962, and a few others all fall into this category. There are also a few that crossover from PGE to GFX, the GT40 being an example. '68/'69 being the break here.

Enjoy

Mitch58 wrote:

As far as the Mclaren '93/'94 is the split.  If the car came out before '94 but was raced for several years like most privateer cars were then it would be legal for LMP as the rules are written. The F40 is an example of that. It appeared in '92 I believe but was competative for several years making it legal for both GFX & LMP.  The Marcos, Dodge Viper, the Porsche 962, and a few others all fall into this category. There are also a few that crossover from PGE to GFX, the GT40 being an example. '68/'69 being the break here.

To pile on to Mitch's post...  The reason we broke out the GT class into the divisions was to see era-compatible cars running together.  If they ran in both periods then they are allowed to run in both divisions.  They don't necessarily have to have run against each other in period, just that they played in approximately the same sandbox is good enough.

The true intent is to not have McLarens running against Audi R8's.