Topic: Open Racing at Autodromo Rossa Colline

Monte has sent out an e-mail about this, but in case you haven't heard...

I will be hosting a race on Sunday, October 3, at my place. Carroll Shelby chili on hand, snacks, beverages, etc. Racing starts at 2 pm, doors open at 1:30.

Racing will be open, no points, "run what you brung".

Here are directions from both north and south:

Directions from Portland (PDX) Airport North:
Start by going northwest on NE Airport Way, taking Airport Way toward the Departures/Ticketing/CheckIn/Valet Parking. Keep left at the fork to continue on Airport Way. In 2.37 miles, merge onto I-205 South toward I-84/Portland/Salem. In 3.07 miles, merge onto I-84 West (Exit 21B) toward Portland. In 5.44 miles, merge onto I-5 South (exit is on left) toward Salem/Beaverton. Stay on I-5 for 7.77 miles until Exit 294 toward Tigard/Newberg. Take the exit and merge onto Oregon 99W South. In 16.5 miles, turn right onto N Main Street in Newberg (Oregon 240). Go 3 tenths of a mile on Main Street, then bear left onto W Illinois Street (Oregon 240). Stay on Oregon 240 for another 2.03 miles until you see a blue sign with four nearby wineries (i.e. Roco, Four Graces); this will indicate the turnoff for Red Hills Road. Turn left onto Red Hills Road (watch for traffic from the left; it's kind of a blind corner). Go about a half mile on Red Hills Road, then turn right onto Herring Lane. Neighborhood directions are below.

Directions from I-5 South:
Take I-5 North toward Portland. When you reach Exit 278 (Ehlen Road NE), exit and turn left onto Ehlen Road. Follow Ehlen Road for 7.04 miles until you reach River Road NE (it will be a "T" intersection). Turn right on River Road (Oregon 219) and follow it for 4.28 miles until you reach N Villa Road (you will bear right at rear of Walgreens and turn left at the light to merge onto Oregon 99W going South). In about 8 tenths of a mile, turn right onto N Main Street in Newberg (Oregon 240). Go 3 tenths of a mile on Main Street, then bear left onto W Illinois Street (Oregon 240). Stay on Oregon 240 for another 2.03 miles until you see a blue sign with four nearby wineries (i.e. Roco, Four Graces); this will indicate the turnoff for Red Hills Road. Turn left onto Red Hills Road (watch for traffic from the left; it's kind of a blind corner). Go about a half mile on Red Hills Road, then turn right onto Herring Lane. Neighborhood directions are below.

Re: Open Racing at Autodromo Rossa Colline

Still planning to have this race if I get any takers. So far, no one has responded YES, so please let me know how much chili I need to make....

Stan,

Chris and I plan on coming out.

Thanks, Mitch! See you tomorrow.

Sorry I was going to come but co worker called in sick so. I'm stuck working on my day off.

The secondnidator

Donna and I will be there !

Sorry to hear that, Doc. Catch you next time. Great, Al! See you and Donna tomorrow!