Topic: NASTE Over 50 Class Racing at Inslot's Checkered Flag Raceway

For anyone interested in putting together a vintage 1/24 car for the NASTE Over 50 Class, I was digging through stuff today and set aside about 8 semi complete Classic sidewinder chassis with 36D motors. Most need some minor assembly and/or restoration in the way of missing parts. Of course I have all the necessary parts, just not at my fingertips yet...........Anyway, first come first serve.

The reason for this is I plan to do some casual racing here at Inslot's Checkered Flag for this class of cars. I am aware some people do not have any cars legal for this class, and I am also aware some people don't car to race these cars. For those that are interested in racing them I can probably help you out with equipment and parts, or Ebay is a really good source.

Check over/read the rules before you venture down this road! Ask questions if you are unsure! The current rules are pretty vague and I plan to update the rules as things progress. The main things to remember: the motors must be early technology, 36D can motors (no other can type motors), or early non-can motors like Pitmans, K&B, Kemtron (padlock motors), etc. The chassis must be early production type, i.e. Classic, Garvic, Revell, Monogram, etc., or chassis than were available as a bolt together kit, i.e. Dynamic pot metal. The hardbody cars such as Cox, Monogram, AMT, and Revell are also legal as long as they use a 36D motor.

My goal is to update the rules to make them a little more specific but I would like to see how things progress first.   =====Bill

Re: NASTE Over 50 Class Racing at Inslot's Checkered Flag Raceway

Any chance of a second class for the smaller sized motors?

"Big Smooth"

I don't see why not?

We could even race them together and just score them differently?

Motor speed wise there probably won't be a whole lot of difference. The biggest difference will be in chassis design improvements over the chassis made for 36Ds.

Works for me.

"Big Smooth"