Topic: OSCAR Three Race Tournament In Planning Stage

I received a phone call today from our friends in Bend. They are in the early stages of planning a three race tournament at Tom's World huge 1/24 three lane track. Each race will be for a specific class of hardboy cars, one sportscar, one NASCAR, and one Econo Car, all per OSCAR rules. Tom's track is very challenging, and very fast with a 180 degree banked turn at the end of an extremely long straight. The infield section features a bridge and some tight turns. The local hot shoes Tom and Curt will be racing with a 20 lap handicap to help even the field. The tentative date for the first race is middle of May, depending of course on current "lock down" status. They are hoping to get five racers from outside the normal OSCAR community. I would be willing to do the driving for one car pool. Anybody interested in making the trip?

Re: OSCAR Three Race Tournament In Planning Stage

I am there just lock down the dates!

Zack

That makes two of us so far Zack.

I'd be interested, but have no cars for the races.

stumbley wrote:

I'd be interested, but have no cars for the races.

That makes two of us Stan.  Solidify dates and I'll try to make it work if there are loaners available.

CK

I think I can come up with loaner cars. Worst case scenario we have to share a couple cars, but with Zack and Chris in our pit area I'm sure we can keep them going the distance!!!

I'll see if I can get some firm dates.

I'd be building some, but my track is under wraps pending construction of our remodeled shop/game room. Our original contractor bailed on the day we were supposed to sign the contract. Fortunately, our next-door neighbor (also a contractor) who has done marvelous work for us before (shop deck and a study in the main house) had someone cancel on him so he was free to take over! We look forward to having a fine place to race in about 3-4 months, but as of now, I've got nowhere to work on or test cars.

I doubt anything I have would be legal or competitive but sounds intriguing

Race cars are neither beautiful nor ugly. They become beautiful when they win.

I'm planning to build a second NASCAR, but I have a sportscar loaner as well as a spare sportsman car if someone wants to use them.

I have no problems loaning equipment to get people out!

Zack

I have one car, a sports car and an OSCAR NASCAR chassis that needs running gear. Perhaps Bill will ad the photos. I will loan them to any one who wants to make the races at Tom's.

http://www.naste.org/members/bill/howieoscarloaner1.jpg

http://www.naste.org/members/bill/howieoscarloaner2.jpg

Thanks Zack and Howie for offering to supply loaners!

Howie's Ferrari is a very good handling car!

I also have a McFarland built Ferrari that can be run!

Zack

Wanabgts wrote:

Zack

Have all of Bad Bob's cars been picked off now?  Ted was interested in a few of those.

dc dynamo wrote:
Wanabgts wrote:

Zack

Have all of Bad Bob's cars been picked off now?  Ted was interested in a few of those.

Dennis, I know he already bought one of the nascars.

Zack

How many cars did Bob's estate have to sell? Just curious ... I don't need any.

I'm not sure of the exact total, Bob Nakamura would know. When it was my turn to look there were probably still 20 or so available.

wb0s wrote:

I'm not sure of the exact total, Bob Nakamura would know. When it was my turn to look there were probably still 20 or so available.

20?  Wow,  what a prolific builder he was!  All top notch cars for the last decade ... and maybe his latest cars were even improvements.